• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Oscitance

I think we may actually be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on the Euro, it's been hinting at it for the last several runs

I think Ventrice’s tweet is either confusing or maybe even not entirely correct. The 6Z and 18Z Euro runs will stop at only hour 90.
As I posted over in the tropical forum, it's true the Euro runs 6Z and 18Z are 144 hour, or 6 day runs. The hourly portion only goes to 90 hours, so we will have each hour (1 - 90) available. Here's Ryan Maue's tweet about it.

As I posted over in the tropical forum, it's true the Euro runs 6Z and 18Z are 144 hour, or 6 day runs. The hourly portion only goes to 90 hours, so we will have each hour (1 - 90) available. Here's Ryan Maue's tweet about it.

Well, I was told that by a pro met and also this is what it says for 6Z and 18Z per mrdaddyman’s link (note that this says it runs only for 21 minutes and only for the 1st 90 hours):

• 0 to 90 by 1
  • 11:52 --> 12:13
  • S
So, could Ventrice and Maue both be misinterpreting or is the met I asked misinterpreting?

Well, I was told that by a pro met and also this is what it says for 6Z and 18Z per mrdaddyman’s link (note that this says it runs only for 21 minutes and only for the 1st 90 hours):

• 0 to 90 by 1
  • 11:52 --> 12:13
  • S
So, could Ventrice and Maue both be misinterpreting or is the met I asked misinterpreting?
Yeah, that might be the case. I read closely and it seems that the runs only will go to 90 hours, unless somehow Ventrice and Maue have some other information the pro met you talked to involving later times, but I'm now inclined to think that it only will go to 90 hours.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm glad we will have some kind of output on the Euro 4 times a day. Will be good to use in the winter time.

Looking at the Euro, and to a degree the other models, the temperature anomalies are starting to look el nino ish...

Probably the 2nd half of October at this point folks. Eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temps from recent weak/mod nino's. Really don't see solid BN temps until Feb. It's only 7 years and we know how cold 09/10 was. Not the most uplifting news if you want cold/snow before February.

NinoTemps.gif

Sunday-Wednesday would seem like a light at the end of the tunnel, but after that, nope and it looks like Leslie helps the SE ridge strengthen.

Back