• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Oscitance

6z GFS is trying to send that fall front all the way through at 288. Temps look very ‘fall like’ out in la la land
Well what the 6z GFS giveth, the 12z taketh away...
gfs_z500_mslp_us_44.png

Except I don't buy it... just a week ago the GFS was projecting temps in the upper 40's and low 50's for most tomorrow morning, we see how well that worked out. Lol
Lol true. It took quite a while last year as well to shake that warm spell. Pretty sure we were close to 90 the first couple days of October 2017.

View attachment 6586

1047 dropping down at the beginning of October. Stout high pressure. Hopefully a sign of the type of cold air we have to work with this winter

Edit: Take with large grain of salt. This is obviously la la land for goofus
Canada is doing quite well early in the season. This may bode well for us down the road if blocking can get going.

Nice clash of air masses right there. TX won't mind that cool down.

Cool air is forced South since it can't come east. San Antonio might get some snow this year if this ridge hangs on.

Tbh unless you want the warmth to go away totally, Sunday-Wednesday don't look so bad but after that...it's been hello 90s again most of the time on what I'm seeing.

About to set another crappy record in Columbia, SC. We haven't been below 60 since May 9, and the lowest low in the 7-day forecast is 64 degrees. I don't mind warm or hot fall temps, but at least give me a couple of crisp nights...

Well what the 6z GFS giveth, the 12z taketh away...
gfs_z500_mslp_us_44.png
The models just can’t handle the pattern change! There will be huge swings in individual model runs! It’s all about pattern recognition, ensembles right now! :rolleyes::weenie:

Been raining all day never made it above 75 , flash flood warning since this am . Another 1-2 inches possible in next 24hours . Winning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to set another crappy record in Columbia, SC. We haven't been below 60 since May 9, and the lowest low in the 7-day forecast is 64 degrees. I don't mind warm or hot fall temps, but at least give me a couple of crisp nights...

You know, I saw the same thing here for Atlanta and Athens, yet I'm 30 miles away from both and that wasn't the case at my house. I do question the siting of the sensors.
27-Snap163.png

You know, I saw the same thing here for Atlanta and Athens, yet I'm 30 miles away from both and that wasn't the case at my house. I do question the siting of the sensors.
View attachment 6596

Columbia's airport always seems to run a little warm compared to other spots, especially on lows. My backyard 20 miles to the northeast has gone under 60 degrees a few times too. But the mugginess has barely relented.

Back