• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

looks to me like parts of MS,AL, KY, and VA are above normal.
Just tossed it out there for laughs, my friend - it's the Japanese model ... the very worst of them all ... get it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit:
Never mind - going to sleep ... humor isn't working today ... :confused:
But generally if you want a reasonably certain seasonal forecast, look at the Jamstec and go 100% or so in the other direction ...

Last edited:
What actually happens:
weeklies.png

All on in this. I'll be in Lafayette, GA for Christmas so it'd be a nice White Christmas, round 2.

Seriously, considering the path we're on, I wonder if I really do see snow one of the times I'm in La Fayette next month, having nothing to do with this.
Climo says no snow in La Fayette until maybe January.

Climo says no snow in La Fayette until maybe January.

Hah I earned that for my saying that I've read somewhere that said most of the southeast, it's really only a short window for snow to happen and it's sometime from January to mid February. But it is rare, the last time I know it happened was 7 years ago and that may be a 1 in 10 thing or even longer with a major event.

I'm not even talking just Christmas. I'm going to look...

The crazy thing with 2010 if I remember right is that I remember my aunt telling me she'd make snowballs for me with an earlier event (that was minor, not significant) and then it snows on Christmas Day while I was there.

Here we go, 0z GFS is rolling out. I do think someone is going to get something (maybe a little, or something more) winter weather wise at some point after Thanksgiving.

Outside of 2010, there are some negligible events here and there in December but the biggest one is one you have to go back 10 years for to 2000.

And lol, "maybe never" is more true with Augusta than La Fayette. The odds in North Georgia with snow, I've found aren't that bad. I mean it's not exciting but with what I've researched I've found that if its not going to be a warm winter there may usually be at least one nickel and dime snow event.

And by North Georgia, I don't mean Atlanta, GA, especially the airport. Go further north.

Outside of 2010, there are some negligible events here and there in December but the biggest one is one you have to go back 10 years for to 2000.

And lol, "maybe never" is more true with Augusta than La Fayette. The odds in North Georgia with snow, I've found aren't that bad. I mean it's not exciting but with what I've researched I've found that if its not going to be a warm winter there may usually be at least one nickel and dime snow event.

And by North Georgia, I don't mean Atlanta, GA, especially the airport. Go further north.
yeah, once you get above the north burbs of ATL your chances for at least a small event every winter go up dramatically. Esp in the mountains of N.Georgia. Here in CHA we've had four 5+ inch snow events in the past 8 winters. Pretty good roll actually. Several smaller 1-4 inch events as well.

If you wanna see snow in Georgia, you're gonna have to head to the mountains where you have some elevation. Don't go to Gainesville, Canton, Rome, or La Fayette. You won't find snow there unless you get real lucky. Not much difference in snowfall between La Fayette and Augusta. La Fayette may average a couple or 3 inches while Augusta averages an inch or so. Both places are horrible for snow lovers.

If you wanna see snow in Georgia, you're gonna have to head to the mountains where you have some elevation. Don't go to Gainesville, Canton, Rome, or La Fayette. You won't find snow there unless you get real lucky. Not much difference in snowfall between La Fayette and Augusta. La Fayette may average a couple or 3 inches while Augusta averages an inch or so. Both places are horrible for snow lovers.
you're incorrect frankly.. there is a huge difference historically in snow frequency between La Fayette and Augusta.

Back