• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

namconus_asnow_seus_10.png
Sorry, didn't mean to post before done

Check soundings for moisture in the snow growth region. It sitll does not look promising for areas that show blue on the NAM.

I just wanted to curb some expectations from newer members thinking the snow maps are real. Hopefully it works out for some closer to the deeper moisture, though!

NAM has this light area that rides down the spine of the state as well some wintry in it even for me if right lol

Just checked SREF plumes for KGVL (just across Lake Lanier from me to the east) and soundings data on Pivotal ... I just can't believe the NAM putting anything of note up my way tomorrow.

I will say this: IF -- and I believe it is a huge IF -- any winter precip were to fall around Atlanta tomorrow afternoon/evening, were it to even slightly slick up bridges or overpasses, it would be bad news. Tons of people in town for a huge Falcons game (Rise Up!) plus Monday's Peach Bowl and the typical NYE festivities downtown and general holiday travel.

--30--

And let me say this... This is very light precip/drizzle and percentages are low and nothing may happen just pointing out what the short term and hi res is spitting out.... With that said it only takes a light glaze to cause all hell to break loose

... Carry on

Know that it is tough for even hi res models to catch very light precip but noticing even back in Arkansas mping reports of freezing drizzle. I am beginning to get little concerned this can happen over into central Alabama later tonight into the a.m. Also looking at the plumes and it's printing out low "Total QPF" ( .05" or less) over close to the Georgia border. Hard to even pick up on radar but using SDP can see the drizzle little better (can use PD to an extent as well). Things may get tricky along I-20 corridor outside the current WA issued by BMX if enough low level moisture around.
65_AE9_BC1-_CFA6-468_F-_A661-0_ABA5_FA6_AFC2.png

Absolutely. Freezing mist or drizzle will coat everything quickly.

Stupid warm nose on the sounding here go away lol

Yeah freezing drizzle will stick like glue

Hmm... so this turning into.. oh well it was too dry or oh heck we got serious issues...even if it is nothing I’m interested to see what actually verifies... here, in Alabama and Mississippi

Back