• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

HRRR continues to look great for much of Georgia and southern AL. Has a moderate to heavy snowband here at 18-19 degrees! at hour 4. Ratios have to be incredible.

Here's snow totals using 10:1 ratios(keep in mind ratios are already better than 10:1 for much of the area) at hour 8.
hrrr_asnow_seus_8.png
Yo this is awesome! Who would have ever thought we'd be seeing snow in the low 20's and teens!

What an incredible winter. Gonna have Eric and Larry digging and clawing to find one with two storms like this, along with the Bomb. And we are still in January.
Might have to dig for a while to find one that effected as much of the SE with actual snowfall. This is one for the books in that regard, It took over 30 hours for the front to make it through Tn. It has been snowing in some part of Tn for over 30 hours. We ended up with 5 inches of powder and have a current temp of - 5.

We might not get 10 inches of snow like the NW side of Atlanta did but this was definitely the south and southeast metro turn for major snow fall. I Think I might creep towards 4 inches bc I will be in this for aleast 4 more hrs!.

Had to do my first tracks drive; not much for tracks but still fun. At least there's been a taste for quite a few folks on this board, and somebody up in the piedmont could get close to a foot depending on ratio's.

Just woke up from a nap not long ago. The biggest change I noticed now is roads are completely snow covered. They still looked wet before I took the nap. Still getting a wind driven snow at 21 degrees. Wind Chill is 8.

Back