• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

Radar is looking not so healthy atm. North Alabama getting dry slotted badddd.

This was going to happen all along unfortunately. The question eastward is when and where does this band fill back in. Some places in EC AL, absolutely could get to warning criteria.

Well Maxed out at 42 for the last 2 or so hours. Temp is starting to fall. I am at 40 dropped 2 degrees in 30 min.

I guess it's possible, but 1 or 2 bands aren't going to cut it. Models showed a solid band of moderate snow for a few hours. Thats what will be needed to even verify the 1" forecast. Impatiently waiting...

No, that's not what the models were showing. Not if you actually understand the resolution of their grids compared to what you actually see on radar. Models provide a very coarse idea of where the moisture will be OVER a period of time (one hour increments in the case of the HRRR) vs radar which is a reflection of moisture in almost realtime.

Great returns I'm central miss.
3e03bb4e56dc9b00dc4a0d876947ea02.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back