• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

Well the famous James Spann says this about it:

"RPM: Rapid Precision Mesoscale model. A numerical weather prediction system based on the Advanced Research Weather Research and Forecast system (WRF-ARW). RPM generates forecasts out to 24 hours with updates every 3 hours in the United States and every 6 hours outside the United States. Precipitation forecasts are calculated from half-hourly instantaneous precipitation forecasts output by RPM. RPM model output is not available to the pubic; but we have full access and use it extensively in our forecast products."

The rest is here: https://www.alabamawx.com/?p=38944
hmm, interesting..all I know is two, if not more of the tv stations here use it and it goes out farther than that, at least the version they use.

look at how the different offices are so different in forecasts..this is wild
26755451_1950401955225815_239338409_n.jpg

Well the famous James Spann says this about it:

"RPM: Rapid Precision Mesoscale model. A numerical weather prediction system based on the Advanced Research Weather Research and Forecast system (WRF-ARW). RPM generates forecasts out to 24 hours with updates every 3 hours in the United States and every 6 hours outside the United States. Precipitation forecasts are calculated from half-hourly instantaneous precipitation forecasts output by RPM. RPM model output is not available to the pubic; but we have full access and use it extensively in our forecast products."

The rest is here: https://www.alabamawx.com/?p=38944
Brad goes over the RPM here, and he runs it until Friday night.

Wow this topic died quick. The threat of freezing rain increasing for SE TN. This is a strong storm! Lol can u hear me now?
I think this will spring surprises...the track of the low, if it is any stronger...it may be isolated areas, but some are going to get a good one that it doesn't look like it now...

Euro much better for me. I’ll take 3 inches of snow gladly. It looked like the cold gets here a little quicker also.
I want it believe it will trend better here, but I know that doesn’t happen, I’m just in awe it went from awesome to bad this close in. And I know it will only trend worse, went from 8 inches or more to not even seeing sleet, I guess I’m still just very flustered.

For those in AL some hope of with the amount of forcing/steep lapse rates in combination with the CAA working on to set off some snow showers Friday afternoon and evening based on the track now light mostly but a chance on the backside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back