• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

RPM showing heavy snow early fri evening at Huntsville
26803996_1950311965234814_1339256872_n.jpg

I’m hoping so. It just looks like the cut off line is sharp. The one thing I haven’t experienced since I’ve lived here is getting a big snow event when the forecasters were calling for 1-2 or less. This storm seems like it has that feel of someone busting high while others bust low. The 12 inch snow I got in 2016 was pretty evident the night before that it was going to be a big dog.

That's what you have with the ULL. They are headaches to figure out and this headache is if whether it's going to close or will it just be a strung out mess. At least as of now, unlike much earlier, even if it's a strung out mess, there's going to be some winter weather as earlier when it was being a strung out mess, it was missing everywhere outside of Arkansas and far west Tennessee.

The Rapid Precision Mesoscale is a proprietary named model (that TV stations use) that is a version of the WRF-ARW, or something like that. It's a failure, and I have no idea why they still show this crap on television.

It's an in house model used by TV stations kind of like the old BAM's (which back in the early days were good but much better tech now)
The Rapid Precision Mesoscale is a proprietary named model (that TV stations use) that is a version of the WRF-ARW, or something like that. It's a failure, and I have no idea why they still show this crap on television.
I wish we could have access to it somehow. I sure there is a way. But it like the sref plumes. Sometimes it really reliable and sometimes it epic FAIL.

Back