1. Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Michael Call Maps

Discussion in 'Tropical Weather' started by deltadog03, Oct 7, 2018.

1. deltadog03

deltadog03 Meteorologist Member

First shot...A blend between the EURO and GFS camps.
    [​IMG]

DarkKnight, EV_WS, NoSnowATL and 2 others like this.
  2. pcbjr

pcbjr Supporter Member

Don't have pretty paint apps, but don't count out the mouth of the Suwannee (not so much for landfall since it's gonna be east heavy, but for the biggest impacts ... wind and tide) ...

3. ForsythSnow

ForsythSnow Moderator

Here's a really low resolution map I made quickly. Maybe it's stronger than the NHC's forecast, but I'm sure that:

1. There will be some kind of intensification in the Gulf leading to a major hurricane at landfall.
    2. The staying at 60 though land is not going to happen to some degree. I expect strength to be maintained, but no way it'll be more than 45 mph in NC.
    3. Michael could be a hurricane tomorrow and after the speed picks up, the organization will happen and the intensification will take off.

No, I didn't put timing on the map, but I believe it will make landfall slightly later than forecast at the moment, or early Thursday morning. From what the high resolution models have been showing, the rain shield will be concentrated to the northern end of the storm. There should be a widespread 2-4 inches inland with higher amounts closer to the center easily.

MichaelPrediction1.png

EV_WS, whatalife and metwannabe like this.
  4. metwannabe

metwannabe Staff Member Moderator Supporter

Good map I think but don't count out the 60 mph winds even up here, the forward speed added to it will help meet that criteria in a small area on the east side

Also to add to this, if they measure 60 mph winds just offshore it's enough to call it a 60 mph TS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

whatalife likes this.
  5. deltadog03

deltadog03 Meteorologist Member

6. weatherguy

weatherguy Member

7. Weatherlover92

Weatherlover92 Member

Through this together pretty quick which is why it's not as detailed as other maps I've done. I didn't indicate it on the map, but I'm calling for a 135mph Cat. 4 landfall.

[​IMG]

deltadog03, metwannabe and DarkKnight like this.