• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

Record high at rdu today is 93 ..goodbye, think rdu makes a solid run at 95 today. Tomorrow's record is 94 a small increase in moisture might get us enough cu to hold just short

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m glad things will cool off a bit after Monday. Hopefully any heat waves are short lived this summer and we have a cooler and unsettled pattern. With things in weak Niña to neutral status though it’s likely to be a very hot and dry summer...

I’m glad things will cool off a bit after Monday. Hopefully any heat waves are short lived this summer and we have a cooler and unsettled pattern. With things in weak Niña to neutral status though it’s likely to be a very hot and dry summer...
You know for the first summer in a long while I think we have an opportunity to go slightly above normal temps and well above normal precip. I think the SE ends up in a weakness aloft with an Atlantic ridge pumping a southerly flow at the surface. Lots of daily storm chances.

Dobbins in Marietta reached 88F yesterday and 89F today. I need to get my thermometer on the north side of my house to get some accurate readings here at 1140'

You know for the first summer in a long while I think we have an opportunity to go slightly above normal temps and well above normal precip. I think the SE ends up in a weakness aloft with an Atlantic ridge pumping a southerly flow at the surface. Lots of daily storm chances.

That would be fine with me, I don’t mind the heat so long as there are storms to go with it. When things get into drought territory with endless heat for weeks and things dying, that’s the type of summer I dread. This week looks pretty storm and I wouldn’t be surprised if some places have 6-8” by this weekend.

That would be fine with me, I don’t mind the heat so long as there are storms to go with it. When things get into drought territory with endless heat for weeks and things dying, that’s the type of summer I dread. This week looks pretty storm and I wouldn’t be surprised if some places have 6-8” by this weekend.
Yeah areas of 6-8 look quite likely especially on the south to southeast facing slopes. There will be a secondary max along and just right of the low pressure track

Hey Webb, you was on top of things a year ago during hurricane season. What your thoughts of this year and your thoughts on rest of May and June possible homegrown systems before the season really begins? Or Larry can join in on this to.

Hey Webb, you was on top of things a year ago during hurricane season. What your thoughts of this year and your thoughts on rest of May and June possible homegrown systems before the season really begins? Or Larry can join in on this to.

It is still too early for me to have a strong feel but I'd like to know if that rather impressive warm subsurface in the equatorial Pacific is going to help get us El Niño by fall. If so, I'd be thinking less active than normal season. By the way, seasons when El Niño is oncoming actually often have an active start with homegrown fwiw. Then the mid and later parts of the season often become less active than normal. But do we actually have El Niño on the way or not? Any guesses or opinions? I think Webb is favoring it coming unlike what he thought last year.

Last edited:
Here comes the hole of failure
25acb718ca5e67babc054314bb1d2ede.jpg

Back