• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations May 22 - 31 Soaker + Alberto Event Observations

I heard there is a guy missing in the floods yesterday.
Yeah I heard that too the raging water in the streets just unbelievable amazing so much rain can fall in such an isolated area and cause so much damage

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Interesting look to the radar with all these little small pockets of moderate rain speckled in with the light rain.
cc63c5100c6ddf68db596cb57d18aea0.jpg

2.02" last night. So I guessed wrong.

9.7" since May 14th. Sheesh.

Wow! Thank goodness you didn't get more.
The model consensus had 1-2" for Augusta. So, you got the high end of the model range.

Totally agree and did you see the flash flooding in Ellicott Maryland yesterday? I have an uncle who lives there fortunately he's up on a hill didn't have any problems but I think they had 10 in just a couple of hours that was insane

Yeah man that was crazy. Glad to hear he is ok. You should look at the new hrrr crazy totals up your way

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting look to the radar with all these little small pockets of moderate rain speckled in with the light rain.
cc63c5100c6ddf68db596cb57d18aea0.jpg

Rain is arriving late enough to capitalize on some instability

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If anybody gets some sun in the Carolinas today, look out! Could be some severe and a few rapid spin up tornadoes

Yeah the sun came out fairly early in Georgia and now because of the humidity/instability thunderstorms are beginning to fire up.

I got about 2" yesterday through last night. The models did very well here. May has turned into a wet month here, the first of 2018, vs climo.

**Correction: April was also wetter than normal though Oct-Mar were dry.

Last edited:
Lol at the flash flood watch. Going to be 0-2 for flash flood watches in the last 30 days.
I'm not complaining I've had plenty of rain this month but yeah FFW fail and HRRR epic fail, I've accumulated a whopping. 04

about .60" so far today. There is a pretty nasty band of storms to my south..lets see what that brings.

With that short downpour I had a while ago, I've likely cleared 10" or close to it in a little over 2 weeks. Just crazy.

I’m issuing a flash mist warning. Hazards include having a windshield wiper setting that is either a bit too slow, allowing vision impairment from the accumulation of water on the windshield or a bit too fast, generating that annoying squeaky sound of a wiper blade moving across glass that is slightly too dry.

Back