• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Maria

If you find a source of that data anywhere, it would be greatly appreciated. I have looked high and low for the raw data, maps, charts, anything to do with it. I noticed that guy, Glenn Burns, has named his "custom in-house model" after it. I highly doubt he has the actual Panasonic modeling.
Of all the people in the weather field , I can assure Glenn Burns does not have it lol

what happens if Jose was to dissipate tonight and not influence Maria and say a steering component from the east was to form and block the escape to the north??

what happens if Jose was to dissipate tonight and not influence Maria and say a steering component from the east was to form and block the escape to the north??

Maria most likely hits the us if jose dies sooner than expected

She'd likely be steered by lower heights toward Florida or SC, even possibly into the Gulf.

Just a quick question, but what is this about recon bailing? Is there something wrong with the current mission? Plane making the turn now.
You'd have to ask the people flying the plane. If they're going back in, it's likely not a plane engine problem, thankfully! Maybe radar or dropsonde instruments weren't ready yet. Never know.

Just a quick question, but what is this about recon bailing? Is there something wrong with the current mission? Plane making the turn now.
I see no evidence of them bailing yet but the proximity to the shore and some higher land elevations may prevent them from making another pass. Shall see.

15L_tracks_latest.png

0z early cycle models (most of which are based on the GFS) thankfully appear to be keeping Maria OTS as they turn north rather quickly once Maria passes the Greater Antilles, but we won't know for sure until Thursday and/or Friday when she is north of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.

All this wasted energy on tracking a fish storm!? Save some for winter storm tracking!

It's not really scientifically based at all, but I'm simply not buying at all the idea of Jose staying a weak hurricane for as long as the models suggest...if he's a moderate TS or weaker in the next 1-2 days we're going to see some shifting west if/when the models figure it out (perhaps still enough to keep Maria away from the US)...and even still, this hurricane is going to affect countries that DON'T need it at all.

But this has been the season that goes against typical, so maybe Jose does do this and Maria stays off shore for us...

Maria had taken a pronounced Southwestern wobble and she's currently trying to gain latitude again.

Back