• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

NOAA upped their forecast to 14-19 and 2-5 majors, citing weakening El Niño and very warm waters in the Atlantic, and said it could be an extremely active season! Does JB work for them?? Apparently, these numbers are up a good bit from original forecast. Think this was updated Aug 10

NOAA upped their forecast to 14-19 and 2-5 majors, citing weakening El Niño and very warm waters in the Atlantic, and said it could be an extremely active season! Does JB work for them?? Apparently, these numbers are up a good bit from original forecast. Think this was updated Aug 10
How many hurricanes? previously, it was 11-17 storms, 5-9 hurricanes, and 2 - 4 majors.

No GFS, you are the 18Z, you won't come true. The path from Central Florida on is close to Matthew's from last year.
gfs_pres_wind_watl_47.png

12z UKMET agrees w/ the European in developing 2 separate entities from the monsoon trough in the eastern Atlantic and keys in on the system in front of 91L...
output_7LAdqp.gif
Yep this seems to be the reason the euro goes south versus the gfs

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hahah holy hell the 18z gefs . Also note the GEFS is a lot faster vs the gfs OP more in line with the euro speed
6de91ff9228515f683e62662c4519dec.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahah holy hell the 18z gefs . Also note the GEFS is a lot faster vs the gfs OP more in line with the euro speed

We've seen these threats from the GEFS a number of times this before for other waves and there still is no TC from 91L, but I have a feeling this time is different based on more model consensus and it being into the start of prime time when the US has been hit hard and E US higher pressure vs troughiness there earlier. Keep a watchful eye on this one.

I do not want a major hurricane to hit anyone at all. I know the hype is extreme in our world but dangerous lol. Is always a good thing to be prepare for any storms that comes through. Me personally, im ready to track my winterstorms and have my late night pop corn and coffee drinking. Until then lets track hurricanes.

Well gfs doing its stupid stunt now, weakening 91L. I promise i really hate that model.

Euro has a hurricane in the Gulf at day 9-10 ending just north of Cancun at 240 hours from the wave in front of 91L(which as of now the NHC thinks will be one area)

After passing over Hispanola and near the length of Cuba

Also has Hurricane Irma(?) SE of Bermuda at the same time

Last edited:
So the euro takes 91l the length of Cuba and still spits out a Hurricane by day 10??? Lol
8b4193036c5e46742e3ece8cba9af5e7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to keep in mind the euro still not developing 91L, the system it shows entering the Lesser Antilles several days from now is in association w/ a broad low in the monsoon trough to the west of and completely separate from 91L. While the large scale pattern is very conducive to TCG in the eastern Atlantic, relatively smaller details on which system (or systems) consolidate and become tropical cyclones matter in the long run for the US.
ecmwf_uv850_vort_atltropics_fh0-48.gif

Back