• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

18Z HWRF comes close to NC coast and makes landfall in Myrtle Beach (maybe just North) at Hr60. Then heads into central SC with ~970MB SLP and into N Ga 0Z Sunday (Saturday evening).

18Z HWRF comes close to NC coast and makes landfall in Myrtle Beach (maybe just North) at Hr60. Then heads into central SC with ~970MB SLP and into N Ga 0Z Sunday (Saturday evening).
If correct The UGA game Saturday night might be interesting... Run run and run some more. Thankful we are playing a high school team.

Yeah I checked the eps on that site for Buies Creek and about 50 hours of 40-50 mph gust, that will test some trees no doubt, 30-40 here with most in the low 30 range

Even with the stall and southwest drift Florence is still modeled as a formidable wind event for this area. Gfs and euro have sustained winds in the 20-30 range with gusts 40-55. I could see a wind distribution in this area similar to Matthew

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
2073cfea1830094bcb45e4a24a42c0dd.jpg

May be the ugliest Cat 4 storm I have ever seen.

Oh and by the way, I am not buying this stop right on the coastline, reverse thrust riding back perfectly parallel to the coastline before coming ashore in southern SC routine. Not for a minute.

Oh and by the way, I am not buying this stop right on the coastline, reverse thrust riding back perfectly parallel to the coastline before coming ashore in southern SC routine. Not for a minute.
You haven't been at too many bars at 3:00 AM I take it ... LOL

Do you guys know any hurricane trackers or people that will be going live like the “blue shed” guy?

Actually, you're pretty correct, though I'm still looking at everything and not discounting a Larry surprise ... :(

Agreed! I would be surprised if it stalled that long too.

Oh it could definitely be a lot uglier than this, Joaquin (2015) takes the cake for ugliest cat 4.

Back