• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

I think we might need to stop asking IF the models are right and start looking to see what could make the models correct. Where is the blocking hi to force the turn around/loop. Is it in the right place in compared to the models? It would be a little crazy for a small out of place blocker to force such a powerful storm to stomp the breaks like that correct?

Once more that all escalated quickly here with the Euro. Just got a chance to sit down and look at everything and that was an interesting shift. Puts a flooding risk now over N GA if that becomes a trend and also would affect the entire SC coast.

Man, same here. Just now catching up and nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the Euro. That walk south along the coast toward Charleston then moving into east Georgia looks so odd, and would catch a lot of people by surprise, I fear.

—30—

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s now casting time! Radar watching time!

JC and CJ just tag teamed their 5:00 weather forecast on WYFF and to say they seem concerned is an understatement. They don’t want to raise the white flag just yet but the 12z Euro definitely has them working overtime. Showed sustained wind maps 100mph+ stretching from the OBX all the way down to Charleston with heavy inland impacts. They are giving the latest Euro a lot of credence

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_18.png

GFS crazy part is still showing 947 BP, while hanging of coast.... this would be nightmare fuel for areas just to that shoreline in the northern quadrants

Back