• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

Not that I ever want to "beat" anybody, but it was awesome at sunup ... more frost on the roofs ... :D ... great walking weather ... :p

You actually beat me also. My Temp only got down to 39 last night before the clouds rolled in and actually kept the temp around 40 the rest of the night. I did get down to 29 the previous 2 nights though.

I don't mean this to be rude, but it really just doesn't work that way. By this logic, it should snow in June. If there's no ample supply of cold air into the region, you can have a 1065mb high in perfect position and it won't matter because it'll be delivering warm air into the system.
You know that I am referring to wintertime upper lows. You also know that they have cold upper and mid level temps that will translate to the surface given the right dynamics and track. Seen it numerous times here.
Edit.... sorry, I didn't read the rest of the thread before I replied.

Somebody, educate me.
What "pig" are we talking about?
Surely not the DT SER ("pig ridge")
:confused:
The fantasy storm that we are watching and of course is changing each run. It'll probably be nothing, but is just fun to watch.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_25.png

You are speaking in far too generalized terms. I showed why it won't work earlier. Just because you have a H5 low in winter doesn't mean you're going to get accumulating snow, or any snow for that matter. It's not that simple. I've seen it not work numerous times in winter here also, do you remember any of those?
Not trying to be difficult or combative, but I am afraid I don't understand what you are talking about. Upper level lows can do strange things due to the cold core nature of these systems. It is common to have accumulating snows underneath them when areas farther north are too warm to support frozen precip. It is all about the strength of the low, the track of the low, and the speed of the system.
Yes, I can remember times when it didn't work out due to one of these being less than favorable. However, that Nov,1st snowstorm in the mid-lands of SC, still serves as a reminder that strange things do happen. Don't discount this set-up just because it's in March.

We all know what happened in mid January when Brick was in the bullseye a week out. She closed off and most everybody got a little something. #FearThePivot

Back