• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Bugs

Love your writing and glad you survived..

Two of many things to avoid a Darwin Award, don't stand on the top of a step ladder trying to trim trees (oopsie, I didn't do that did I), and don't hold or be around metal objects outside in a Thunderstorm, lol...
Thanks, and I've joined you on the step ladder deal. I was using an ax though, and when I can down, I came down on top of it, lol. Fortunately, like the storm, my stupidity didn't cost me like it could have...the ax blade was sideways :) I was pretty young at the time, and I don't get burned twice on stuff like that.....usually :) Two of my favorite Darwins are the cops who shot and killed a guy to stop him from committing suicide, and the guy who was heating gas on his stove to help start his car on an extremely cold day, lol.

Me too. And I love how defined the track of that tropical feature is, lol. From cutting off and spinning for 2 or 3 days of N. Fla/S.Ga, to heading off into Texas, all in three runs of Goofy :) I don't want a visit, but close enough to get some good rain. I figure the more the rain I can pile up, the better the chances for a pleasant summer. I've got major boomers going off to the west, but they are headed south. Been dry the bulk of the week.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen the sea breeze front make it this far.
661560f063b747401b737e763327af91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. And I love how defined the track of that tropical feature is, lol. From cutting off and spinning for 2 or 3 days of N. Fla/S.Ga, to heading off into Texas, all in three runs of Goofy :) I don't want a visit, but close enough to get some good rain. I figure the more the rain I can pile up, the better the chances for a pleasant summer. I've got major boomers going up the the west, but they are headed south. Been dry the bulk of the week.
Same here

Looks like the sea breeze will make it here for the 3rd straight day while not kicking off any storms that's pretty disappointing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just had a warned storm come thru here a while ago, and it was a pretty good one. Had hail, and I haven't seen hail in years. And it dropped 1 3/4's in about 20 minutes. I'm up to 10.8 since the 15th, and it still can't get to 90. It's 70 at the moment after being in the low 80's. The Experiment Station has posted one 90.1, but my highest here has been 87. I'd love to bottle this spring/summer. T

Just had a warned storm come thru here a while ago, and it was a pretty good one. Had hail, and I haven't seen hail in years. And it dropped 1 3/4's in about 20 minutes. I'm up to 10.8 since the 15th, and it still can't get to 90. It's 70 at the moment after being in the low 80's. The Experiment Station has posted one 90.1, but my highest here has been 87. I'd love to bottle this spring/summer. T
Dry here again and actually was sort of hot. Lots of brush to burn with a little cool down coming.

You are lucky dried out here quite a bit 90+ the last 2 days. Tomorrow and Monday will be 90+ unless we get storms.

Yeah, when’s the next wet period coming? Was supposed to be unsettled Sat-Tues around here!? The only unsettling thing around here is, 10+ days without a drop of rain and lots of 90s! I guess the tropical storm will bring us rain next weekend, that’s a guarantee!

Lol the 12k nam has a nice June wedge Tuesday. 3k nam says no rain
cccaaa98e8ca95defc7def1e5e6283e5.jpg
ac43d159a82e50cec26f0d792c8f91a2.jpg

Dry here again and actually was sort of hot. Lots of brush to burn with a little cool down coming.
Careful burning, Rosie! I don't do it anymore after having one get away from me. My neighbor came running thru like a mighty angel with a fire extinguisher and saved the day, lol. All I managed to do was nearly pass out from smoke inhalation while trying to put it out with the garden hose :)

You are lucky dried out here quite a bit 90+ the last 2 days. Tomorrow and Monday will be 90+ unless we get storms.

Yep, I feel very lucky with my rain, as dry as some folks have been! It has sure kept the temps down here. It's only 80 now at 1pm. Unheard of for June.

Careful burning, Rosie! I don't do it anymore after having one get away from me. My neighbor came running thru like a mighty angel with a fire extinguisher and saved the day, lol. All I managed to do was nearly pass out from smoke inhalation while trying to put it out with the garden hose :)
I will be very careful, will have a helper.

The good thing about up north is that you get more organized rainfall even in the summer. Not as much of that hit or miss crap you get in the south.

Feels good to be under a tiny 20 minute downpoor after missing it the past couple of days. Warm today: 68/86F

Back