• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

Classic tropical atmosphere here and over much of the SE today thanks to a very deep layer of easterly winds (to above 200 mb) with bright blue skies (apparently north of the Saharan dust layer) speckled with beautiful towering cumulus moving from off the ocean, steady E surface winds, and temperatures in the high 80s. I wish all summer days were like this. This is more typical of a summer afternoon in south FL, the Bahamas, or even a Caribbean island. I may even take a walk in this later.

Hadn't rained for two days, but it's still cloudy off and on, and today it's windy. 85.8 on both remotes at 2:40 on the 4th of July. Still no 90. 86 at the Exp Station, so it's not just me. But it is nuts!

I have 86F up here in Cobb after a high of 88F.

Euro trying to make run at all time highs, is it 105 or 108 at RDU? Either way nasty.... and my luck has run out today, heavy cell split me. Picked up .02 just enough to make it feel like a sauna
Poo poo ca choo nice hole developing in the line coming. I might make a run at another 96+ today after all.

Euro says 105 next week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
4035e9c3e5971ba1031527174939e3f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Euro trying to make run at all time highs, is it 105 or 108 at RDU? Either way nasty.... and my luck has run out today, heavy cell split me. Picked up .02 just enough to make it feel like a sauna

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
105 which seems to be a hard cap since we have tied it quite a few times. If we don't see significant rain through Saturday it's going to get ugly.

Meant to add got .01 with the rain earlier

Last edited:
105 which seems to be a hard cap since we have tied it quite a few times. If we don't see significant rain through Saturday it's going to get ugly.

Meant to add got .01 with the rain earlier

Royale with cheese screw job tonight. Storm misses 1 mile to my north.

Poo poo ca choo nice hole developing in the line coming. I might make a run at another 96+ today after all.

Euro says 105 next week.

4035e9c3e5971ba1031527174939e3f2.jpg
Meh, it must be to false heat, what GFS is to record cold in the winter! GFS says mid 90s at worst!

Ok it’s official SCREW THE RAIN. Just as it’s time for the firework show here in Atlanta, then only sto me in the hole state the formed right over the city. Torrential downpour! Just horrible!

Ok it’s official SCREW THE RAIN. Just as it’s time for the firework show here in Atlanta, then only sto me in the hole state the formed right over the city. Torrential downpour! Just horrible!

Hell I didn't even realize it rained here again tonight, I was wondering how it was in the mid 70s already.

BC818597-8FF1-462F-81FD-836638EB23A7.png When you score in the morning, life is great! Moving WSW!

2F384849-D4A1-435C-ABF5-CBACAF5D8A7A.png Helluva storm! Drove through the teeth of it on the way to work. Probably atleast 2” per hour rates, traffic lights out, lots of ctg lightning strikes! A van in front of me hydroplaned in the right lane, skidded 3 lanes to the left, slammed into concrete barriers and bounced back to the center lane!! I was about 300yds behind it!

Looking more and more likely we have at least another 3 day bout of highs near 100 next week. The rest of you guys get rain, I get 100s, this blows.

131C7E04-D67D-4D0C-989C-81A182E6372B.png The good train!

Had rain yesterday afternoon, evening, and twice earlier this morning. Maybe a break today unless we get hit again and looks like after tomorrow it could dry out a bit as well as cool down a few days.

Nice 10 minute downpour!!!!!!!!!!!

I somehow have just 86 today (both at here and at the nearest station), but a lot of humidity.
And today it's been mostly sunny, but still it's only 84.7 at quarter 'til four. I'd like to package this reality bubble I'm in and save it for future summers. I just hope when the pendulum swings back, I'm able to survive it, lol. E Station is at 85.5, and humidity at 59.3. July thus far is a kitten down here.

Back