• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

Wonder if these storms will miss me again tonight. I still think the totals on the models for this week are overdone. I know in winter everyone says cut the precip totals in half compared to what the models show.
Im starting to really doubt tomorrow kinda sucks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frisco is weird.. I spent a year in the Bay area when I was a kid.. no earthquakes, but summer pool time was less than two weeks. And yeah, snowcapped peaks were a thing in the winter... above 3500 ft. Fogs, strangest weather phenom of my life, still haunting. John Carpenter had it right... those Pacific fogs had a life of their own.

definitely the strangest weather I've seen... even Seattle last year when I went in August there was a little heat wave(for their standards), this has been plain weird. The sun actually cleared out the fog today for a few hours which is supposedly rare... and already its coming back into the bay on the camera. Just odd.

It's really too bad it doesn't snow here in SF though... think of the sledding on the hills :eek:

Sorry, I am confused about what you meant.
That's my fault for typing out a thought and not thinking about how it read. I've lost a little enthusiasm about rain chances tomorrow which sucks. I still think we are looking at big totals it may be pushed back more toward late tomorrow night through Wednesday

forecast low tonight is 68, it's currently 73. Feels pretty nice actually. Might get another sub-70 low. Last night was 66. Hey, can't complain about NORMAL Chattanooga Summer weather for a change.

These storms aren't playing around the last 2 days.

1 inch of rain since 205am wind gust to 46 as well

These storms aren't playing around the last 2 days.

1 inch of rain since 205am wind gust to 46 as well

Problem is they are very scattered/isolated as usual. That is why I don't see this being a widespread big rain maker here.

I’m sure the FFW for most of Central and Eastern NC, was a mistake by the NWS offices!:cool:

It's been going back and forth from cloudy to sun here today. Maybe we'll get some storms later if we get enough sun, but they will still probably be very scattered or isolated.

Looks like Shawn's about to get in on the action!

Last edited:
It's been going back and forth from cloudy to sun here today. Maybe we'll get some storms later if we get enough sun, but they will still probably be very scattered or isolated.
That's what the weather people have been saying. I don't think anybody's calling for one big storm to sit over the state and dump torrential rain for 48 hours. They've been calling for scattered showers and storms with the potential for training. And because the water content of the atmosphere is so high, they should be able to efficiently produce heavy rain. So, you are correct -- scattered will be the nature of the rain, as virtually everyone has been saying.

I have a friend at Myrtle Beach who posted this on Facebook about 20 minutes ago.FB_IMG_1532368617300.jpg

That's what the weather people have been saying. I don't think anybody's calling for one big storm to sit over the state and dump torrential rain for 48 hours. They've been calling for scattered showers and storms with the potential for training. And because the water content of the atmosphere is so high, they should be able to efficiently produce heavy rain. So, you are correct -- scattered will be the nature of the rain, as virtually everyone has been saying.

And I am saying if it is going to be scattered and isolated storms, then there is no way the state gets widespread 3 to 6 inches of rain like the models have shown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back