• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

In hindsight, yesterday was amazing. I am located on the east side of Carrollton, GA which is about 50 miles due west of Atlanta. We went under a warning. Had impressive gust front move through. Radar looked ominous (or great depending on perspective.) The line literally "hopped" over us. No rain. I wanted the rain, but it was amazing in that we got nothing - even with the rain behind the line -- it seemed to move from north to south after moving west to east. I don't have it to post, but on radar you can see my location where a hole develops and the storms re-fire to my east and SE. Again, an amazing and interesting "miss."

Looking great in the Southeast as far as the drought goes. Let's keep the rain coming!
Current:

20170613_southeast_none.png

Last week, or June 6th:
20170606_southeast_date.png

Looking great in the Southeast as far as the drought goes. Let's keep the rain coming!
Current:

20170613_southeast_none.png

Last week, or June 6th:
20170606_southeast_date.png
Those maps will look nothing like that by September 1. Moderate to severe drought will be widespread again, at least in parts of upstate SC, if not into parts of NC and GA. While everyone else talks about all the rain they are getting, the I-85 corridor in SC keeps missing out and I see nothing to change that. GSP is already backing off on our chance for rain today, saying that a cap stays in place.

Those maps will look nothing like that by September 1. Moderate to severe drought will be widespread again, at least in parts of upstate SC, if not into parts of NC and GA. While everyone else talks about all the rain they are getting, the I-85 corridor in SC keeps missing out and I see nothing to change that. GSP is already backing off on our chance for rain today, saying that a cap stays in place.

That's a baseless claim. Nobody knows what the condition will be over the next few months. I suggest checking out the 12z Gfs which now takes tropical moisture interacting with a front right over your house next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a baseless claim. Nobody knows what the condition will be over the next few months. I suggest checking out the 12z Gfs which now takes tropical moisture interacting with a front right over your house next week

I agree. Last summer cannot be beat with 3 months and little rain, and likely that was a once in 50 year event, given that the fires were said to be on the scale of occurring every 50 to 100 years. The climate doesn't shift to worst case scenario droughts and 140 degree heat every year. I would say that this summer will end up wetter than normal, seeing the potential of tropical inflow like we are seeing right now. Definitely check the GFS, Euro and other reliable models.

The 12z GFS is nothing to be excited about. It has 1 inch of rain or less over my area through next Thursday and the resat of the run isn't even out yet. The tropical moisture stays in the gulf. The Euro has us approaching 97-98 late next week and that is probably right.

The 12z GFS is nothing to be excited about. It has 1 inch of rain or less over my area through next Thursday and the resat of the run isn't even out yet. The tropical moisture stays in the gulf. The Euro has us approaching 97-98 late next week and that is probably right.

What ? You must be looking at the wrong run. There is clear interaction with tropical moisture and the front on the 12z Gfs . So you would complain about getting an inch of rain ??? Lol you must be related to Pack

It's out to hour 216 now and we are up to maybe 1.50 inches of rain on it. A small part of GA and AL is still showing less than .50 total of rain up to that time. The heavier rain on it over NC and SC misses my area by about 75 miles to the east. The real rain on it stays over the eastern gulf just west of FLA. 1 inch of rain would be nice, but there is no guarantee of getting that this time of year when storms don't hit everywhere. Just last night 75% of the county I live in got close to 2 inches of rain while we never even got the cool air, much less any rain.

It's out to hour 216 now and we are up to maybe 1.50 inches of rain on it. A small part of GA and AL is still showing less than .50 total of rain up to that time. The heavier rain on it over NC and SC misses my area by about 75 miles to the east. The real rain on it stays over the eastern gulf just west of FLA. 1 inch of rain would be nice, but there is no guarantee of getting that this time of year when storms don't hit everywhere. Just last night 75% of the county I live in got close to 2 inches of rain while we never even got the cool air, much less any rain.
I've said it in the past. It's only one run and more importantly, one model.

Lots of talk about thunderstorms during the weather segment on WRAL this week, but it's been quiet here. Had two rumbles of thunder and a flash of lightning in the distance Wednesday night and that's been it.

88/77 at the house .26 of rain in the last 11 days. The same beat of the last 2 summers continues, hot weather and haves vs have nots with rain. Know a few people that haven't had rain since May

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

88/77 at the house .26 of rain in the last 11 days. The same beat of the last 2 summers continues, hot weather and haves vs have nots with rain. Know a few people that haven't had rain since May

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Do you know JHS!? :)

Water doesn't look bad at all for the next week; I'll not incite board-wide suicide by even mentioning weeks 2, 3 and 4 (much less posting maps) ...

Screen_Shot_2017-06-16_at_2.59.31_PM.png

Though temps are progged to stay BN to near N over the 4 week period, if that is any solace ...

Water doesn't look bad at all for the next week; I'll not incite board-wide suicide by even mentioning weeks 2, 3 and 4 (much less posting maps) ...

Screen_Shot_2017-06-16_at_2.59.31_PM.png

Though temps are progged to stay BN to near N over the 4 week period, if that is any solace ...
Almost looks like that map portrays that low coming through the SE. Bring the rain, but not the wind I say!

The tropical moisture is there, but it's trending east. Our chances for rain here in upstate SC continue to go down. Now it's looking like Monday is the only day we have a real chance.

Back