• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

Nothing like hearing thunder from a storm 6 miles in the wrong direction

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
How about hearing thunder on all 3 sides of your house, and still 0 rain!

Long range gefs and cmc ensembles are a nice MCS setup may end up just north of the region though

What could go wrong
f3c700fad02bfe324b9b3a4b1071a726.jpg

What could go wrong
f3c700fad02bfe324b9b3a4b1071a726.jpg

They all collapse at the same time, then they fire on the outflow boundaries, even farther from your house, but still surrounding it! :(
Happened yesterday at my house!

Long range gefs and cmc ensembles are a nice MCS setup may end up just north of the region though

A well known meteorologist on facebook says there is a chance of a derecho somewhere on the north side of the heat ridge on June 19-20. Since he is from Virginia I'm assuming he thinks it'll track just north of NC and SC if it actually happens. As for my own observation the models are definitely showing a decent potential for mcs systems later in the month. The question being exactly where they track. It's way out there, but the 18z GFS has a monster 594mb ridge across the country from Cal to Tenn and GA with what looks like a decent mcs track right through NC and SC for 2 straight days. If I'm reading the 500mb maps correctly wrt to the mcs track.

By mid-June standards, the Atlantic is hopping... The NHC finally circled the area east of the Lesser Antilles this morning. Tropical cyclogenesis east of the Lesser Antilles before July is very rare and has only occurred a few times in the last few centuries, most recently in 2003 (Tropical Depression Two (2003))...
Screen-Shot-2017-06-15-at-6.50.57-AM-1024x774.png

Screen-Shot-2017-06-15-at-6.51.10-AM-1024x640.png

I was holding out hope for a storm or two later today. Looking VERY iffy at this point . The NAM jumped ship and completely gave up on the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was holding out hope for a storm or two later today. Looking VERY iffy at this point . The NAM jumped ship and completely gave up on the idea

I'd expect rain if the NAM said no! What's the HRRR showing?

nam is now giving me love later on today . 3k nam is also now in on the party

With the heating of the day, what do you all think the likelihood of severe in the B'ham metro might be with the redeveloping MCS moving this way. Looks like SPC still shows a change of severe here. Love the rain but no thanks on the possible wind and hail.

Yeah, I think the radar is giving me my answer to the question above. Looks like it will get ugly here in Central AL in a couple of hours or so.

Severe T-Storm warnings popping all over North and West AL and East NE Miss. Should hit the B'ham metro around the beginning of rush hour. Some drivers may be in need of Phil's services by the time the evening is over.

Back