• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

wetter than normal also means cooler than normal because more of the suns energy will be used evaporating moisture rather than raising temperature. please correct me if that is wrong
more cloud cover ...

ever stood outside after a mid-day summer rain when the sun comes out and evaporation starts? hot, hot, hot and sticky ...

more cloud cover ...

ever stood outside after a mid-day summer rain when the sun comes out and evaporation starts? hot, hot, hot and sticky ...
of course i knew cloud cover is cooling for the surface by blocking the sun, my point was on the sunny days the heating wouldnt be as strong.

wetter than normal also means cooler than normal because more of the suns energy will be used evaporating moisture rather than raising temperature. please correct me if that is wrong
Agree. This is the opposite of drought begets drought. More soil moisture means more available moisture for interactions with fronts, disturbances and just pop-up afternoon storms. Loving summer so far!

A 995 mb low pressure system in land. Was it a tropical storm before hitting land?

That CFSv2 tho! Dec-Feb winter looking great for many on here!! Looks like 09/10 kind of look to me! What could be wrong! :)

How accurate are winter predictions in June ?
I hope and trust not very ...

off06_temp.gif

While its fun looking.at ling range winter forecast, its nonsense also to think its 100% accurate. Now the LR forecast are good for a right direction in some cases but this far out, not likely.

That looks like a broad-brush global warming forecast with a hint of El-Nino thrown in for good measure....rubbish if you ask me.
I agree with you . Those maps are iffy at best. I feel the same in the winter when they are showing much below in the southeast. I believe computers have input in those though that might be just on the weekend

Oh I know you were just relaying what you saw. I didn't misread you. We are on the same page...... Keep posting away.
I am a bit nuanced, perhaps satirical, and somewhat indirect in my posts at times (more often than sometimes/at times, actually), but that's intended; I hope folks will evaluate and think and not just blindly "rely" on what someone says or what a model shows (especially if I say it - but that also goes if anyone says it (except perhaps Webb)) ... and I hope to more than every once-in-a-while pose the challenge of thought and analysis in a post, as it teaches us all, me especially ...
Enough soap box ...

Last edited:
GSP has bumped highs here into the low 90's pretty much from tomorrow on until Sun and cut the chance of rain by 10-20% late in the week. Not going to feel good with all the humidity that will be around. Thankfully still no REAL heat in sight though.

GSP has bumped highs here into the low 90's pretty much from tomorrow on until Sun and cut the chance of rain by 10-20% late in the week. Not going to feel good with all the humidity that will be around. Thankfully still no REAL heat in sight though.
Looks pretty good to me

Attachments

• gfs_apcpn_seus_24.png
    gfs_apcpn_seus_24.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 11
I agree with you . Those maps are iffy at best. I feel the same in the winter when they are showing much below in the southeast. I believe computers have input in those though that might be just on the weekend

Funny how you can make a map or statistics dance anyway you want it to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back