• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Bet there are probably some nice members for Jan 2-4 threat. Can see highest precip accumulations over a 24 hour period staying suppressed in the deep South/southeast.
717d63aca79af099f31c14815dbeb705.jpg
fe62c90b5eb44938f23e274f4572bc7c.jpg
93fada233a4b27535ac83eed6b104f1b.jpg
33a485d9f34f92bbacb7c605ce5205a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not a bad look this run big cold press to the north and a crap load of energy streaming NE out of the SW. could be a good run for the mid south
ee039c8d437763fa183fd519945ae48a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna side with Xtreme, nothing at all I like about that look.

Last edited:
It's amazing how rossby wave momentum deposition from Rossby Wave Trains converging over the East Pacific in both hemispheres can create a subtropical jet stream here which wasn't initally/largely forced by tropical convection in the east-central Pacific! The interactions between tropical heating sources and Rossby waves are clearly 2 way and this is one way you can get Rossby Waves to force & excite tropical convection. Normally we think of tropical convection forcing Rossby wave trains downstream of them but it actually works the other way around too!

Even better now when the time is right it will be the “ anti arcc and extreme weather threat thread “.

Well it worked last time. I didn't think that threat was much until three days out, so I'll be happily wrong if it nets me another 9 inches.

I would think most of this is ice and sleet tho. But at this point I will take whatever she wants to give me.
Can’t complain when I see a map like that.

So do we still have three possible events or two? I know this Thursday and Friday is one, and looks like the 31st and 1st after that. Is there another one for a couple of days later? Just trying to keep up. I think it might just be better to have a thread for each possible event at this time.

Reactions: JMB
So do we still have three possible events or two? I know this Thursday and Friday is one, and looks like the 31st and 1st after that. Is there another one for a couple of days later? Just trying to keep up. I think it might just be better to have a thread for each possible event at this time.
I believe it’s 3 but I might be wrong.

Back