• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Need sfc lp to pop near coast and hug it as much as possible

ac899d9982e0284e085f3e5fd98e33de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to fully make it like the NAM has, but there is some very key changes that give the NAM the nod over the GFS....This run is slower with the lead wave, stronger with it and a bit quicker with the chaser, and stronger, The tilt of the phase/axis is much better this run vs the 00z run.. So, I would say this IMHO gives some credence toward the NAM vs the GFS from the 12z run suites

Actually looks like the Euro pretty much holds it's ground from 00z I think, so it's the long range vs the mesoscale here. The mesoscales look like it's completely on it's own here.

(granted I don't get the good maps until much later)

Looks a tick west to me from the precip maps Charlie is providing but just slightly.... Euro was also east with the Dec storm until the 11th hour fwiw

The Euro and GFS (I think) wants to keep this a coastal region only event, while the NAM wants to push it a bit more inland.

Back