• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Its Gonna Be May

There are no more areas of extreme drought in Iowa , as of last Thursday! 🤗
Think that’s the first time in 3 years it’s been irradicated! And regular bouts of showers and storms look to continue for the foreseeable future! Great for the farmed. 58% of the corn crop across the state has been planted as of yesterday! If you’re eating chips and salsa at your favor Mexican place, thank a farmer!

Yeah I just don't think the warm winters and wet summers were seeing now are a coincidence. Both seem to be consistent aspects of our weather that used to be somewhat unusual.
Warmer SST’s in the Gulf and the western Atlantic means higher dewpoints and more moisture. I’ve had dewpoints get into the 80s a numbers of times the last several years and I don’t recall that ever happening before.

The GFS says we have a couple days of CAD setting up. Some support from the Euro and Canadian. Here's GFS surface temps late afternoon on Sunday:
View attachment 147750
The CAD pushes a little deeper on Monday into central SC.
savor this. guarantee when it's late july and we're staring down a 7 day of 95/77 we will remember these days fondly

Back