• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

If I were a lawmaker….

Arcc

2024 Supporter
Reaction score
….I’d completely ban these things that annoy the mess out of me.

*WARNING THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR POLITICAL DISCOURSE BUT WHINING OVER PET PEAVES*

First thing to go is that stupid Carolina squat. I know there is no way you can see while driving, but beyond that it is just stupid.

Secondly, colored headlights get the axe.

Thirdly, fine print would be banned along with that annoying fast reading of said fine print on the radio.

Fourthly I would hunt down those stupid robo call people who constantly want me to “help” me with my Medicare. Who do they think I am? Metwannabe?!

Edit:

Fifthly, Yes you do have a leak, yes that water did go through your meter, no the meter is not reading high, no we are not making the meter run remotely in the night to make your bill high, yes I know what time you flushed the toilet in the night, what time your shower in the morning is and how long that outside faucet ran when it mysteriously turned on by itself and yes you get locked off because you didn’t pay the bill you know is coming EVERY MONTH!

Last edited:

*WARNING THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR POLITICAL DISCOURSE BUT WHINING OVER PET PEAVES*

First thing to go is that stupid Carolina squat. I know there is no way you can see while driving, but beyond that it is just stupid.

Thirdly, fine print would be banned along with that annoying fast reading of said fine print on the radio.

Fourthly I would hunt down those stupid robo call people who constantly want me to “help” me with my Medicare. Who do they think I am? Metwannabe?!

Edit:

Fifthly, Yes you do have a leak, yes that water did go through your meter, no the meter is not reading high, no we are not making the meter run remotely in the night to make your bill high, yes I know what time you flushed the toilet in the night, what time your shower in the morning is and how long that outside faucet ran when it mysteriously turned on by itself and yes you get locked off because you didn’t pay the bill you know is coming EVERY MONTH!
1000001172.jpg

Edit:

I would ban all LED headlights. They're too bright.

Ban 4-way stops or at least haul in those that don't know how function at them

They installed one at the intersection a quarter mile from my neighborhood that I now have to deal with everytime I leave the house.....I have no idea why either not a lot of wrecks there since it is in a 35 zone......its on busy road at rush hour and now the folks coming in or out of town have to wait since there is a now a stop where there normally isnt all so the random cross traffic car can cross.

I wish they would ticket those who actually speed(not talking about those who do 5-8mph over the limit) and the morons who pass four or five cars during a curve.
Also people who use the right auxiliary lanes and sometimes even the shoulder on the interstate to pass when traffic is backed up. They add to the problem when they merge back into traffic. I see it almost every day driving home from work at 485 and 77.

Last edited:
My big thing recently is seeing 30 day tags that are so old the writing is invisible and people that obviously haven't gotten an inspection or paid their vehicle tax in years since their stickers are from the late 2010s or early 2020s.

In different places I've lived in the past few years I have been exposed to traffic circles not every place has them right now. But I'm definitely a big fan of traffic circles. they keeps traffic going.

Last edited:
People who leap out of their seats and race to the front of the plane the instant it reaches the gate. Sit your ass down. There's 200 other people who would also like to exit the plane too and they are all seated in front of you. If you want to be the first one off, then get a 1st class ticket.

Also people who use the right auxiliary lanes and sometimes even the shoulder on the interstate to pass when traffic is backed up. They add to the problem when they merge back into traffic. I see it almost every day driving home from work at 485 and 77.

I think what drives me nuts the most is people who think the fast lane means you can drive 85mph. I’ll be driving in the slow lane doing 68mph or so and need to get in the left lane to make a turn to only have it ten deep in cars wanting to do 80mph, bumper to bumper who won’t let you over. I admit I quickly become a left lane hog if I see a big group running up on me and I need to turn left in a mile or two.

If you are ever headed down orange barrel hell towards Fuquay and you try to speed up to merge despite seeing that merge sign 2 clicks before you get to it, Im the guy in that F150 crew cab who scootches over just enough so you can't be a D-Bag and go to the front......

Back