• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Season Announcement

Hopefully the announcement comes from a divine crystal ball - no US land-falling "Canes this year!!!! :cool:

You and me both as that means we get spared this season after last year's very difficult season. Of course, on just about any US weather forum, the number of members who don't want the U.S. to be hit will undoubtedly be far outnumbered by those who want US hits. It isn't good or bad. It just is. So, imo there's no sense in fighting it as that's the nature of the beast and it can't be prevented. Of course, it has no effect on the outcome amyway,

I guess today's announcement is an announcement of an announcement as opposed to the announcement, itself.;)

Last edited:
You and me both as that means we get spared this season after last year's very difficult season. Of course, on just about any US weather forum, the number of members who don't want the U.S. to be hit will undoubtedly be far outnumbered by those who want US hits. It isn't good or bad. It just is. So, imo there's no sense in fighting it as that's the nature of the beast and it can't be prevented. Of course, it has no effect on the outcome amyway,

I guess today's announcement is an announcement of an announcement as opposed to the announcement, itself.;)
Only thing I want out of a tropical system is rain. Not too much, but a quick moving landfalling depression toward drought areas wouldn't hurt. I can definitely tell from experience that hurricanes and strong tropical storms aren't fun as I used to be a resident of the Tampa area, but that was over a decade ago and I was much younger then.

I invite them in August or September for 7 - 10 days at 94º with a 70% RH and no power - including A/C -- and the wishin' will evaporate ... :cool:

I invite them in August or September for 7 - 10 days at 94º with a 70% RH and no power - including A/C -- and the wishin' will evaporate ... :cool:

Although it cooled down nicely a couple of days after Matthew, it was a different story after David of 1979, when it was absolutely miserable for a number of days afterward.

By the way, I was in your fine boro off of Archer in June when a whopping 6-7" of rain fell from TS Colin.

Although it cooled down nicely a couple of days after Matthew, it was a different story after David of 1979, when it was absolutely miserable for a number of days afterward.

By the way, I was in your fine boro off of Archer in June when a whopping 6-7" of rain fell from TS Colin.
June is different than dog days ... :p but that was one heck of a rainstorm.
After a few bouts of 94º and no power over the years --- I still invite 'em ... once'll do it ...;)

Back