• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Gert

21680b0b98940f144bf9bf4249e27937.png

Now look at which model drops storms only to bring them back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting CMC and Euro now.....

lol last week it was the euro was wrong on twitter . Now the gfs jumped shipped and the euro has a storm and the bandwagon is filling up fast. I'm not saying there won't be a system I just think it's funny . It's like winter in August

lol last week it was the euro was wrong on twitter . Now the gfs jumped shipped and the euro has a storm and the bandwagon is filling up fast. I'm not saying there won't be a system I just think it's funny . It's like winter in August

LMAO!

Who is jumping on any bandwagon? Are you speaking of mets on twitter, on air or people on here?

Epic model madness!!!

So, it is clear per model consensus that if it develops that this has a good chance to recurve safely offshore the SE, a common track. Fortunately, there isn't a strong upper high progged to be over or near the NE US. Instead, the strong high is centered well offshore and will hopefully allow this to recurve safely offshore. However, if not, E NC would probably be at the highest risk for a hit since it sticks out further and some recent runs hit them.

Regarding my area, I'm not concerned at this time since I'm well protected from direct hits with this kind of trajectory. The highest chance for GA to be affected would be if the recurve is delayed and it comes over FL first. But overall, my expectation is that FL, GA, and SC aren't likely to be affected in any big way when considering the model consensus.

Last edited:
Spot on Larry. All those Euro tracks atm, regardless of how intense or big a dud 99l becomes, overwhelmingly show the Atlantic HP has to flex, build back more for this to be a landfall concern. But we all know things can and probably will change 9+ days from now.

Back