• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Franklin

We'll debate that in another lifetime ... :confused:
Just passing along info and frankly, I'm exhausted ... :oops:
Pardon me for intruding, BTW ... o_O

I don't care if you pass along info, expecially if it is by another source. I don't disagree or complain against anyone if they post Kevin Martin, that said I will disagree with the person who was quoted.

I don't care if you pass along info, expecially if it is by another source. I don't disagree or complain against anyone if they post Kevin Martin, that said I will disagree with the person who was quoted.
I quit ...
Please donate to Wiki
Please have some humor
Please contribute
Please
and bye ...

Franklin looking a little sick tonight
Yep, looks like the land is starting to tear it up. Lots of drier air. Good shape of the rotation though, just not good moisture.
hicbsat.gif

very odd storms usually blow up in that region not die... highest TCHP in the basin... Earl did it last year too

The Yucatán has been a saving grace for Franklin if seems... frictional convergence with the flat terrain has allowed its inner core to finally consolidate and mix out the dry air it ingested yesterday off Honduras and Belize. Should have no trouble intensifying once it goes back over water in the Bay of Campeche...the one major impediment, if any to rapid intensification will be an increase in northerly wind shear imparted by an upper low trailing the cyclone as it nears landfall in Mexico again. Shear may be up to 20-25 kts by 36 hr however it's heavily dependent on how much heat Franklin is able to throw at the ULL... Franklin will probably be somewhere between 60-90 KTS at landfall near Veracruz although further intensification is certainly possible...

Franklin's circulation is looking great this evening. I bet that as soon as it is fully over water in the next 12 hours we will see some good intensification again.
GOES22002017220sDMDQk.jpg

Too bad its going to Mexico

:weenie:

Eyewall almost closed already.... it JUST hit the water lmao

Last edited:
The government of Mexico has issued a Hurricane Warning from Puerto
de Veracruz to Tuxpan.

Its happening

:weenie:

Bombs away on satellite it appears

The hurricane hunters were like perfect timing this evening

Still not a hurricane, but probably because it finished a cycle of RI. It will likely start one soon again and intensify further, unless the land interaction its southern end is undergoing has stabilized it.

Still not a hurricane, but probably because it finished a cycle of RI. It will likely start one soon again and intensify further, unless the land interaction its southern end is undergoing has stabilized it.
That's a pretty populated area down there ... no 'Cane for those folks would be nice, though rain will be a problem regardless ...

That's a pretty populated area down there ... no 'Cane for those folks would be nice, though rain will be a problem regardless ...
Rain is likely their main problem, given mudslides will occur regardless of if it was a depression or a cat 3. Winds only make it easier. Unfortunately, this storm is going to cause a lot of flooding once it hits and the moisture piles up on the mountains.

Back