1. Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

HOME WEATHER STATION

Discussion in 'Weather Equipment & Software' started by PEA_RIDGE, Oct 9, 2017.

1. PEA_RIDGE

PEA_RIDGE SKETCHY FLETCHY

What is a good home weather station? . My old acurite bit the dust and im in the market for a new one

2. proud dad

proud dad Supporter

I love my Davis Vantage Vue. Had it for 5 years with zero problems.

SD likes this.
  3. SD

SD Staff Member Administrator

100% agree with this.
    I will say if you do want to go cheaper than davis getting another acurite isn't a bad option. If you are a total nerd like me and want the data all the time the ability of the acurite data to display your current conditions on your phone is pretty solid. I prefer the davis though since it seems more accurate wrt to rainfall and there are much better data logging options.

proud dad likes this.
  4. crecre9

crecre9 Supporter

I'll add another vote for the Acurite 5in1. Mine has been operating for more than two years now. I have the console plugged into a Raspberry Pi 2 running WeeWX software to upload the data to several websites(WU, PWS, CWOP), as well as a personal one. I would like to upgrade one day to some Davis equipment, but $$$. According to the automated analysis on CWOP, my station is consistent and relatively accurate.

proud dad likes this.