• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Golf

Phil is my name and when I saw your post I thought about me somehow being a Master anything, and just jived back at ya!
Enjoy the coffee!
Phi
I'm an idiot.... Lol
6911fc53e1febde887ff26dd962107df.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is crazy but read this article and check out Phil's (Mickelson not that Florida guy Lol) quote and this is why so many love him... got to be able to joke at your own expense.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/us-...n-could-still-play-weather-scenario-breakdown

I know exactly what Phil M. needs to do. Contact SoutheastRidge. That man for the first time ever in summer posted that he wanted dewpoints in the 50's in north GA because the humidity was driving him crazy. Just two
days later not only does he somehow get his wish, but even I get that way down in normally humid SE GA! If he can do that, surely he can make it rain long and hard enough on Thu in Milwaukee for just a 4-5 hour long rain delay.

By the way, shortly before this article was released on Fri morning, this was the NWS fcast:

"THURSDAY

MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S."

Interestingly, due to less certainty in
the projected ending time of the thunderstorms that are 60% likely the night before, the forecast now has a hedge for Thu as it just changed early this morning to this:

"THURSDAY

MOSTLY SUNNY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF LIGHT
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE MID 80S."

Hmmm, is SoutheastRidge already doing his magic? Maybe he is also a big Phil M. fan?

In all seriousness, Phil's best shot may be if there is very heavy rain late Wed. night that floods the course enough to require a several hour delay in the 6:45 AM start. If the start is just pushed back to ~11 AM, he may get there in time! Besides that, there is still plenty of time for the front producing the storms to slow up. If the timing were to just be as little as about 6-9 hours slower, the significant rain could be pushed later enough to delay morning tee times.
Looking at recent model trends, the low in southern Canada pushing the front does seem to be coming across a little bit later. So, maybe, just maybe there's hope? It will be fun to follow this the next few days. And now there's wx tied into this nonwx thread! As a result, maybe this can get pinned for a few days? ;)

Last edited:
Phil M. fans will like this. The 18Z GFS has delayed the end of the rain for Milwaukee til ~noon on Thursday due to a slower frontal pasage/lagging low in southern Canada! The prior run had the rain end near 4 AM meaning the 18Z has delayed the end about 8 hours! This later end to the rain has actually been a trend since at least Friday when the article was written with it then indicating only a 10% chance of rain on Thu and the projected end of the rain before midnight per the GFS then. It was raised to 30% early this morning. IF the 18Z GFS is any indicator of future trends, the chance for rain on Thu will certainly be increasing substantially.

So, Phil may yet still have a reasonable chance to play in the US Open. About all he would need is a 4 hour delay in his currently scheduled tee time. This is kind of exciting to follow!

Phil M. fans will like this. The 18Z GFS has delayed the end of the rain for Milwaukee til ~noon on Thursday due to a slower frontal pasage/lagging low in southern Canada! The prior run had the rain end near 4 AM meaning the 18Z has delayed the end about 8 hours! This later end to the rain has actually been a trend since at least Friday when the article was written with it then indicating only a 10% chance of rain on Thu and the projected end of the rain before midnight per the GFS then. It was raised to 30% early this morning. IF the 18Z GFS is any indicator of future trends, the chance for rain on Thu will certainly be increasing substantially.

So, Phil may yet still have a reasonable chance to play in the US Open. About all he would need is a 4 hour delay in his currently scheduled tee time. This is kind of exciting to follow!
I hope you are correct!! He played good this weekend, what a story that would be... late tee time, rain delay, attend daughters graduation and finally wins US Open!

This is going to be fun to watch, I've never paid so much attention to Wisconsin weather LOL!! 12z NAM shows some showers but not too promising....he needs a good storm with some decent lightning mid morning Thursday to give him a shot or a deluge Wed night early Thurs morning

So the GFS still shows some lingering showers but not sure it will be enough... With the first tee times at 6:45 am a good steady rain up till around 9:00 or so might just do the trick. Also wonder if he told his daughter I'll attend but you must keep the speech short... Lol

I hope you are correct!! He played good this weekend, what a story that would be... late tee time, rain delay, attend daughters graduation and finally wins US Open!

I'd love a story book scenario like that! I could see a movie in the future if that were to occur. Wouldn't it be awesome for the 2nd major of the year after Sergio finally won his 1st major ever on Seve's 60th birthday? Wow, what a year that would make for golf!

The GFS is back to showing precip. up to ~noon CDT. though light.

Also per the Milwaukee NWS:

"THURSDAY
MOSTLY SUNNY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT SHOWERS IN THE
MORNING, THEN SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN
THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 80S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
20 PERCENT."

I'd love a story book scenario like that! I could see a movie in the future if that were to occur. Wouldn't it be awesome for the 2nd major of the year after Sergio finally won his 1st major ever on Seve's 60th birthday? Wow, what a year that would make for golf!

The GFS is back to showing precip. up to ~noon CDT. though light.

Also per the Milwaukee NWS:

"THURSDAY
MOSTLY SUNNY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT SHOWERS IN THE
MORNING, THEN SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN
THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 80S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
20 PERCENT."
Well it's going to be close, appears though showers will probably move out in time unfortunately for Phil to make it but again if one big storm can dump some impressive rainfall Wed night or the models are off a few hours..... there's still a chance.

Disappointed.... Phil's chances look to be next to 0% at this time. I'd give it a 5% chance of some sort of weather delay and that's going against all model output and forecasted conditions. There's always next year.

Yes, bummer. But at least we both realized his chances weren't high though I was certainly not giving up. It was fun following Milwaukee forecasts closely for a few days. Maybe next year he'll be extra inspired.

Meanwhile, Rickie Fowler ties the US Open 1st round record low round of -7! Just 2 shots back and tied with 4 others is SAV native Brian Harman.

Georgian Brian Harman is leading the US Open at the end of round 3 at -12 thanks to a 67. His putting has been great. Three are at -11, including Justin Thomas who shot a record low round for any round of any US Open, a -9! Rickie Fowler is at -10.

Georgian Brian Harman is leading the US Open at the end of round 3 at -12 thanks to a 67. His putting has been great. Three are at -11, including Justin Thomas who shot a record low round for any round of any US Open, a -9! Rickie Fowler is at -10.
No. 1, 2 and 3 missed cut, no Tiger and no Phil but its still shaping up to be an exciting finish at Erin Hills. Some amazing golf played yesterday.

Congrats Brooks Koepka..... my middle name actually (parents said named for Orioles great, 3rd baseman Brooks Robinson), so it's good to see another Brooks with a championship!

Spieth leads the British Open after 3 rounds. Kuchar is 3 back and Koepka is 6 back. The wx is expected to be windy tomorrow.

Back