• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Golf

All he needs to do is shoot a 50 Sunday. Should be easy? It was fun to watch.

Amazingly, Tiger is now within 4 of the TPC leader, Webb Simpson, with Tiger at -14 going to 14 and Webb at -18 going to 11. Duffner, who is -5 today, and Lee are also at -14.

Edit: Webb Simpson holds on to win by 4 at -18 despite going in the water and getting a double bogey on the 18th. Congrats.

Last edited:
The US Open is this week. It will be played at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club in Shinnecock Hills, NY. The wx is looking fantastic! Odds from here: https://www.oddsshark.com/golf/us-open-odds-betting-preview

"When it comes to odds lists, Dustin Johnson leads the pack at +900 odds. Rory McIlroy (+1100), Jordan Spieth (+1400), Justin Thomas (+1400), Jason Day (+1600), Justin Rose (+1600), Tiger Woods (+1600), Rickie Fowler (+1600), Brooks Koepka (+1800) and Jon Rahm (+2000) comprise the rest of the top 10 at the shop."

Congrats Brooks Koepka..... my middle name actually (parents said named for Orioles great, 3rd baseman Brooks Robinson), so it's good to see another Brooks with a championship!

Bumping this because your middle name won the US Open again! Congrats, Brooks! He played very tough in the final round and minimized damage when tee shots and 2nd shots weren’t good. He made two clutch 5-10 foot par putts on the backside. He bogeyed 18 after a terrible 2nd shot to beat Tommy Fleetwood, who finished 3 hours earlier with a low US Open round record tying 63, by one. Patrick Reed, the Masters winner, had at one time today been -5 for the round and tied for the lead at -1, but he later fell back to finish 3 back. DJ had been at least tied for the lead at the end of each of the 1st 3 rounds, but he fell back today though he still finished just 2 back in 3rd.

Side note: Phil, due to frustration about the very difficult greens in the 3rd round, very uncharacteristically intentionally hit his ball while it was still moving after a missed putt. He got penalized 2. I’ve always admired Phil for his great demeanor (so much better than Tiger, for example) in addition to exceptional skills around the green for ~25 years. So, whereas I don’t at all condone his doing this, I’d prefer it not be dwelled on by the media as Phil just had a bad day and snapped despite doing so much good for the game. However, I am a bit concerned about one thing. What’s to stop someone else from intentionally swatting at a ball headed for the water, say, like on one of the Masters back nine water holes? I’m wondering if Phil, as much as I still like him, should have been DQed to avoid setting precedent. Opinions?

Last edited:
He was penalized 2 strokes, DQ would be aggressive. It was actually a smart move by Phil, shouldn’t have done it but it was smart. Muscle K was awesome and played fantastic, it was fun to watch. I wish I had that power and skill. Muscle K and DJ are the best in the game right now.

Bumping this because your middle name won the US Open again! Congrats, Brooks! He played very tough in the final round and minimized damage when tee shots and 2nd shots weren’t good. He made two clutch 5-10 foot par putts on the backside. He bogeyed 18 after a terrible 2nd shot to beat Tommy Fleetwood, who finished 3 hours earlier with a low US Open round record tying 63, by one. Patrick Reed, the Masters winner, had at one time today been -5 for the round and tied for the lead at -1, but he later fell back to finish 3 back. DJ had been at least tied for the lead at the end of each of the 1st 3 rounds, but he fell back today though he still finished just 2 back in 3rd.

Side note: Phil, due to frustration about the very difficult greens in the 3rd round, very uncharacteristically intentionally hit his ball while it was still moving after a missed putt. He got penalized 2. I’ve always admired Phil for his great demeanor (so much better than Tiger, for example) in addition to exceptional skills around the green for ~25 years. So, whereas I don’t at all condone his doing this, I’d prefer it not be dwelled on by the media as Phil just had a bad day and snapped despite doing so much good for the game. However, I am a bit concerned about one thing. What’s to stop someone else from intentionally swatting at a ball headed for the water, say, like on one of the Masters back nine water holes? I’m wondering if Phil, as much as I still like him, should have been DQed to avoid setting precedent. Opinions?

I'm going to vote no on the DQ for 2 reasons: 1) I'm biased, I'm a Phil fan and always have been. Even though he is always even keel and sure he may have lost a little bit of that in the 3rd round, many of us recreational golfers loved it, he only did what so many have always wanted to do.... 2) There would've had to have been a rules change mid stream to enact a DQ, he did what he did, sure out of frustration, but nobody knows the rules better than Phil and (right or wrong) used them to his advantage (kinda). Anyway he knew he could not be DQ'd or I seriously doubt he would've done it. None the less it was quite comical

Oh and congrats to Brooks..... it's a great name and I'm considering a major change in my life now, I may start going by my middle name, see if I have the same good fortunes ;)

Folks,
It is time for another major, the British Open. Another weekend of mucho golf watching. Favorites: DJ, Rory, Rickie, Rose, Spieth, and Koepka.

Can't wait, I love The Open and I'm in beautiful Pinehurst for a couple of more days too.... golf, golf, golf
Folks,
It is time for another major, the British Open. Another weekend of mucho golf watching. Favorites: DJ, Rory, Rickie, Rose, Spieth, and Koepka.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Round 2 leaders: Kisner and Zack Johnson. Here's the top 11 (behind these are Phil/Tiger at even par):

T1
wj9uZvn_vZrelLFGH8fnPA_48x48.png
K. Kisner -1 F -6
T1
Z. Johnson -4 F -6
T3
P. Perez -3 F -5
T3
DTqIL8Ba3KIuxGkpXw5ayA_48x48.png
T. Fleetwood -6 F -5
T3
X. Schauffele -5 F -5
T6
EGwD4_SUlmwZWbnHhcmTPA_48x48.png
E. van Rooyen E F -4
T6
M. Kuchar -3 F -4
T6
T. Finau E F -4
T6
EGwD4_SUlmwZWbnHhcmTPA_48x48.png
Z. Lombard E F -4
T6
Uaq6Zrc_irttRAW_PZmsAw_48x48.png
R. McIlroy -2 F -4
T11
K. Chappell -2 F -3
T11
J. Spieth -4 F -3
T11
R. Fowler -2 F -3

An unusually exciting final round was enjoyed today with so many players bunched up making it all the more unpredictable to almost the very end. What made it even more unusual vs the last 5 or so years was that Tiger was in the hunt and was even in the lead for a short time. There must have close to 10 or so golfers with a legit chance well into the round. The winner was the first Italian major winner, Francesco Molinari. Tied for 2nd & two back were Kisner, Rose, Rory, and Schauffele.

OMG, I sincerely feel bad that I posted nothing about the PGA before now. I’ve been ridiculously busy.
Anyway, muscle man Brooks Koepka is leading with many folks within 5 strokes! At one point he was up by 5. Hopefully it will be exciting tomorrow. I watched many hours of it today and will do so tomorrow.

Back