• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Global Model Runs Discussion 2017

lol 06z Gfs ensembles
0099f744735782e2e9901ecb651d7b6f.png

00z euro ensembles
1a3ee92ba0443ab00c9dd1fb00cd5aef.png

Gonna be bust city for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lol yea as storm5 said, one of these models is gonna suffer a yuuugge bust. I would certainly lean a little more to the euro here just for the fact that the differential in friction between the Yucatan and adjacent southern Gulf of Mexico and curvature vorticity induced by the shape of the Bay of Campeche tends to be more conducive to TCG wrt localizing lower level relative vorticity and convergence, (& this has historically been the case) but we shall see...
gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_13.png
ecmwf_slp_precip_conus2_14.png

12z Gfs and Gfs para are hell bent with their northern gulf idea. Who folds first??? GFS or Euro

12z Gfs takes it to the northern gulf stalls it and then slowly drifts it inland
e337658ef68da810371b6f4e2062a006.png

Lol the 12z Cmc
3aae692f26d87da8a67789844b262072.png
ae0114910609fbda6fec4c7023e6b1bb.png

Who usually folds first? Seen this before....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gfs and Cmc keep trending west each run so I'd bet they keep it up and fold towards the euro . However there are eps members that have a Gfs and Cmc track . Fun to watch . Beats a heat ridge

Gfs and Cmc keep trending west each run so I'd bet they keep it up and fold towards the euro . However there are eps members that have a Gfs and Cmc track . Fun to watch . Beats a heat ridge

Until something develops it's pure, fun, speculation; if/once something develops and there is a COC and some real data to work with, then let the real model comparisons begin ... :cool:

Amen

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know it exists but dadgum if I can find it - somewhere the NHC or NOAA or Unisys or someone has a TS track map by month for all years (showing all June storms in this case) ... anyone got the link?

This is the best I can do but is not very readable
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/climo/images/jun_21_30.png

Trying to figure out how many TS's actually went SW (as some models are suggesting this one might)

GFS has another storm way out on today's 12z, and it showed up on a model run or two already, but it was yesterday that it did. May not happen, or may be sniffing another one out.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_49.png
Remember Cindy was track from the 300 hundred hr, so anything is possible

Back