• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Please consider this as a 2nd reply to your post.
A brief war story.
I represented a landowner whose property was severely polluted by a petroleum company. The State required a full remediation; the dig was begun on 2/26/04; the location was about 30 miles ENE of Gainesville. The engineers and others on hand to monitor were from Canada. They flew in, with "summer" clothes, expecting "Florida weather", as it had been quite warm, somewhat akin to now. The remediation dig took 3 days. On day 1 it rained. On day 2 it sleeted all day, and was so cold that the digital cameras the Canadians brought down to document actually froze. On day 3, it was bitter raw.
None of that weather was forecasted ...
So, strange things can happen ... even when least expected ...;)
Just not every day or year mind you ... :cool:
... and probably not this year ... o_O

Yeah, even way down in the Phil corridor, I wouldn't bet the farm against wintry precip until after the first week in March based on 2004, 1993, 1986, 1980, 1955, 1954, 1869, and 1855 among others. The 1955 case is especially interesting as Gainesville had this if you can believe it on the 29th...yes the 29th of March:

1955-03-29 42 33 37.5 -26.9 27 0 1.23"

Gainesville just missed and got a miserably cold significant rain, but Live Oak and Jax got a trace of wintry! The bigger point though is that if Gainesville can get this cold of a rain as late as 3/29, imagine what COULD happen there 3-4 weeks earlier if all of the 7's on the slot machine were to happen to line up even with the 2 F or so of global warming since 1955!

Yeah, even way down in the Phil corridor, I wouldn't bet the farm against wintry precip until after the first week in March based on 2004, 1993, 1986, 1980, 1955, 1954, 1869, and 1855 among others. The 1955 case is especially interesting as Gainesville had this if you can believe it on the 29th...yes the 29th of March:

1955-03-29 42 33 37.5 -26.9 27 0 1.23"

Gainesville just missed and got a miserably cold significant rain, but Live Oak and Jax got a trace of wintry! The bigger point though is that if Gainesville can get this cold of a rain as late as 3/29, imagine what COULD happen there 3-4 weeks earlier if all of the 7's on the slot machine were to happen to line up even with global warming since 1955!
Thanks for the prayers!

I'm still repeating the second week so I refuse to say anymore weeks lol

At this point I'll take the logical approach which is to expect nothing and hioe for a surprise

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Yep, I expect nothing, but am hoping for another event. Never know what March could bring or the end of the month.

I'm gonna let these cliff divers jump, cause come the third/fourth week in February, I hope they own a condo in Key West.

I chose not to feed the trolls... a block takes care of the problem for me :) In other news, the forecast high busted here today. I reached 61 earlier, back down into the 50s now as we have full sunshine out right now and it was supposed to be cloudy all day. Bottomed out at 28 last night before the temps warmed to the mid/upper 30s by daybreak. Looks like some much needed rain heading in for tomorrow... I'll be happy with that for now. What happens going forward, well, I am not sure anyone really knows for sure no matter how much they may claim they do. We'll just have to wait and see and I am just fine with that! :)

Well, like I said, we can have big jumps in temps, and we did. It hauled butt up to at least 69 at the closest major station after bottoming at 30.

Edit: Actually 72 lol. 40+ swing...was it even that dry? sheesh.

18z GFS has shifted into the "interesting" phase for the first time in a while after 240hrs. I also notice it is trying again to really pump ridging over Greenland and the pole later on. I wonder if this is the first step towards Webbs point earlier.

Y'all should come enjoy tonight with me. 2 inches of rain forecast at 32/33 degrees. Is there anything worse ?

Nope not really

32 and a thunderstorm near the airport moving this way. At least there's hope I'll see some lightning:weenie:

Back