• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

The only real severe threat won’t be until pop up summertime storms start in May-July. As per usual, the -NAO takes over in April, west ridge , east trough dominate the pattern, snooze fest on severe. And if Nino starts ramping up, Hurricane season will be a dud also.
I hope this is what happens. Maybe Tennessee can have another lackluster year in the severe department. I use to like severe weather when I first moved to Tennessee as even thunder was quite unusual in socal. But after multiple seasons of close calls and seeing the devastation and death that severe weather brings up close I’m no longer a fan of it. The 2008 Super Tuesday outbreak just missed my town as tornadoes struck south and just north of me. 2 days later I drove to Macon county Tennessee and could not believe my eyes. Houses completely destroyed, trees ripped from the ground and lives lost made it look more like a war zone then a small southern town. I’m not saying people who are interested in or that like severe weather are wrong as the weather will do what it will do no matter what you want or like. Just for me personally I will never again hope for or get excited about true severe weather. As far as a good strong summer afternoon thunderstorm goes I love those all day everyday. Especially at night time when they light up the sky.

Thursday Night-Tuesday morning

Probably gonna be 60 degrees when I land I would consider any snow a win

and now the 12z Euro has a snowstorm too o_O
Sun angle and ground temps will kill that don't you know lol

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

February looked good also. See how that pan out. March going be good for severe weather as we roll into the month. Bring on spring . Ready ...
After posting about how severe weather is only weeks away since November you are bound to be right one of these times.

Have a good trip Brent
7ff593f32076102ab76dbb35b5eac434.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

QUOTE="ATLwxfan, post: 93878, member: 72"]This has been in the cards for a while. More interested in seeing what happens when the pin wheel PV let’s up and we can beat back the SER.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I do not disagree it's been in the cards, but "for a while" is relative; less than 2 weeks ago things were looking a bit different ... o_O ... but now that the hand has been dealt, yup, cards are on the table for at least 10 plus days ... :confused:

Now I'll

th.jpg

Last edited:
Not even the wedge could keep us out of the 50's in the heart of winter today in the upstate

PV split FTL :(
Not been a whole lot of wedging this winter. With all the cold to the North and in Canada, I thought for sure we’d score a good CAD event with lots of ice of , maybe next year!

Not been a whole lot of wedging this winter. With all the cold to the North and in Canada, I thought for sure we’d score a good CAD event with lots of ice of , maybe next year!

Of course, it will be enough just to make baseball games miserable to go to come Spring. It will also show up in time to crush our thunderstorm chances.

Again, thanks everyone for getting along during this time. I know historically, people can get snappy and you have all been more than impressive with your conversation and respect with each other!

Zero blocking. But a little bird told me the NAO looked to go negative at the beginning of March! Just in time to lock seasonal upper 50's in place..

QUOTE="ATLwxfan, post: 93878, member: 72"]This has been in the cards for a while. More interested in seeing what happens when the pin wheel PV let’s up and we can beat back the SER.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not disagree it's been in the cards, but "for a while" is relative; less than 2 weeks ago things were looking a bit different ... o_O ... but now that the hand has been dealt, yup, cards are on the table for at least 10 plus days ... :confused:

Now I'll

View attachment 4018[/QUOTE]
Yep, I remember the big Wow I gave at a 1065, or 1080, lol, or something crazy, high blasting down in the recent long range. Even if the trend is toward warmer the swings can bring a hammer blow. In my old age I don't need the constant chance of frozen, and bitter cold, I can make due with the abnormal occurrence...three days of "that's never happened before". I never give up until Easter, on frozen, and mid April on cold air, and some amazing, abnormal, anomalous, head exploding weather event. And in the longer run if Laki, or Katla go off, and Katla is over due, we could see an ice age in the crazy range on Goofy, lol. Might take a year, or two :)

Back