• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe DEEP SOUTH Severe Weather threat 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The southern storm has a classic three body scatter strike (TBSS) signature on radar indicative of very large hail, wouldn't be shocked if there's hail aloft or reaching the ground near Cullman the size of baseballs

This is going to probably be a long night for those near and just north of the Atlanta metro as this evolves upscale into a QLCS
Does it survive making it through the wedge into W SC, or will it be weakening? I don’t think wedge is as strong as forecasted!?

Hopefully this is inaccurate.

968u11i6d9p0cogw0p7f1q08gikjearm

http://app.box.com/s/968u11i6d9p0cogw0p7f1q08gikjearm

This is going to probably be a long night for those near and just north of the Atlanta metro as this evolves upscale into a QLCS
Was just thinking the same. The “flat” (forigve my layman’s term) orientation of the line will take forever to move through. This is starting to remind me of the ‘98 tornado that went through the north perimeter ATL area. It was also part of a QLCS band and took hours to move through. Went right over my house but thankfully was off the ground when it did.

Can you give an idea as to what a QCLS is and what to expect? Sounds bad.
Basically a bad derecho!? A line with some spin ups embedded, and probably severe winds

Can you give an idea as to what a QCLS is and what to expect? Sounds bad.
A Quasi-Linear Convective System (QLCS) is an overarching term that can refer to almost any line or small-medium sized cluster of thunderstorms that tend to occur in moderate-highly sheared environments whose primary threats often entail damaging winds and isolated tornadoes associated with bowing segments. QLCSs can often grow upscale into mesoscale convective systems whose forward motion and evolution are driven by the background flow and the cold pools associated with the thunderstorms. If QLCSs last long enough to generate enough latent heating and a rear inflow jet that allows part of their structure to effectively bow outwards and cover a large distance they also may spawn line end vortices that grow upscale into mesoscale convective vortices (MCVs) that may serve to spawn more convection downstream and as the QLCS matures and grows it may have a significant and easily measurable impact on the synoptic-scale flow regime and large-scale pattern to an extent.

Saying or even implying that somebody enjoys death and destruction only because they like severe weather and tornadoes is like saying someone who enjoys studying psychology and understanding mentally ill patients enjoys being mentally ill themselves or that an individual who enjoys cold and snow automatically loves having fallen trees due to weight of the snow fall on their homes, businesses, and have their power knocked out for several days after. The two are mutually exclusive.
post of the day.... as a chaser... hoping for a buisy spring.... hope everyone stays alert and safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back