• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Current Obs Jan 8th-9th Ice Threat

In Carrollton, GA... 31 w/15 dewpoint. Nothing falling yet (to the ground.)

made it home after working all night... 30 degrees and roads mainly wet, with some icy spots... pretty good sleet/freezing rain storm here in the Tn valley though. Saw one wreck on the way home. Had to scrape off the windshield...

Reports on FB of a 35 car pile up on I75 North in Catoosa County
Yeah Channel 2 News Traffic section stated overturned Tractor trailer NB not sure about the 35 car pileup thing but definitely backed up

Yeah Channel 2 News Traffic section stated overturned Tractor trailer NB not sure about the 35 car pileup thing but definitely backed up

Local Chattanooga station - WRCB UPDATE: 35 cars involved in pileup on I75 NB at MM 345. Lanes in both directions are iced over. AVOID AREA.

Light freezing rain in Carrollton, GA. 31 and DP up to 26. Roads seem fine. Little ice on road signs.

Got a sprinkle here now as well...Warming up quick though. 35.4 with a DP of 20. Translates to a wet bulb of 30, but I doubt I'll get heavy enough precip to bring that down.

The 35 car pile up is off my exit in Catoosa County. They have several north bound exits closed and they are rerouting northbound traffic onto 41 hwy in Tunnel Hill. It is a big mess. Also, there are abandoned cars everywhere on the roadsides. Must have been pretty bad around here early this morning. The roads seem to be in pretty good shape now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back