• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I'm in! Well, at least I'm hoping. This weekend has been absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward to another delightful evening walk in the low dewpoint air! Nothing beats watching a great golf tournament followed by an enjoyable walk with delightfully dry air.

^I'm in! Well, at least I'm hoping. This weekend has been absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward to another delightful evening walk in the low dewpoint air!
If that was to me - I moved mine to May-hem!

^I'm in! Well, at least I'm hoping. This weekend has been absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward to another delightful evening walk in the low dewpoint air! Nothing beats watching a great golf tournament followed by an enjoyable walk with delightfully dry air.
:cool::p:D;)

Ahhh, what a great walk! The sweat was very minimal and it was enjoyable feeling the quick change just after sunset from warm and dry to a very slight cool with dry.

Does anyone know if it is easy to transfer recordings from a Comcast DVR box (Motorola DCT3416) to either a flash drive or to a PC? I have to switch DVRs and will soon lose my recordings unless I first transfer them. Has anyone ever done this? I've been given contradictory answers from different people at Comcast though the last thing I hear is that it is illegal and they won't help. Best Buy said the same thing. Also, Geek Squad couldn't help me on the phone for a similar reason. I googled this but the results don't seem straightforward enough for me to follow with confidence.
I have always said that VCRs had their advantages. I have tapes from 30+ years ago.
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if it is easy to transfer recordings from a Comcast DVR box (Motorola DCT3416) to either a flash drive or to a PC? I have to switch DVRs and will soon lose my recordings unless I first transfer them. Has anyone ever done this? I've been given contradictory answers from different people at Comcast though the last thing I hear is that it is illegal and they won't help. Best Buy said the same thing. Also, Geek Squad couldn't help me on the phone for a similar reason. I googled this but the results don't seem straightforward enough for me to follow with confidence.
I have always said that VCRs had their advantages. I have tapes from 30+ years ago.
Thanks in advance.
Based on some quick research and background knowledge, a DVR has a standard computer hard drive inside, but it is in a format unreadable by computers, so a direct connect to your PC would likely not work, unless you removed the drive and put it inside an enclosure that is USB connected to your computer. That would require removing the hard drive and also probably would violate your contract, so that solution is out. After seeing online answers, it seems the cable companies want you to lose the data on purpose so that users can't pirate movies. Sad that they can't do a transfer, but since it is an older box, the data wouldn't be compatible with the newer systems. I may be missing something, so maybe there is still hope. :)

Thanks in advance.

If you have X1 cloud it's supposed to..

Existing customers with X1 Cloud DVR:

In the event of a DVR box swap, will I still have access to my recordings?
Recordings made after June 7, 2016, or after the date you began using X1 Cloud DVR (whichever is later) will be accessible from your new TV box as well as from mobile devices and computers.

Now can the Caps play game 7 like they played 5 & 6; if so they move on; if not yet another game 7 loss..

Speaking of game 7 losses. If the ducks get beat Wednesday I think it will make 5 years in a row the go out in game 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forsyth and LetItSnow, thanks for your replies about the DVR. I asked someone at GeekSquad who has been very helpful in the past with computer problems and whom I trust and he confirmed that it is actually illegal to transfer the recordings even though they are just things I want to be able to reaccess on my new DVR via transfers. So, I'm no longer going to pursue this. If I had recorded these on a VCR like I did until just a few years ago, I'd be able to keep them. So, it seems silly though I was ignorant. Keep in mind that a Comcast employee is who had originally told me to transfer my saved programs to prevent losing them. He never mentioned it being illegal!
The new box is X1. Hopefully it will save things into the Cloud so that future box changes will keep them.

Last edited:
It's about time to go with sling TV, Amazon Firestick, and local antenna goodbye! Send cable and satellite packing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back