• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as FYI...
KFFC will continue to be down for approximately two weeks for the repair of a ma
jor mechanical component. An engineering team from the Radar Operations Center h
ave determined that the bull gear, the primary gear for turning the radar antenn
a, has failed. A team from the ROC along with our local technitions are working
on repairs, with the radar expected to return to service by Sunday, May 14th.

So we can have tv shows where people build house from the ground up in a matter of days but gear replacement on a radar takes two weeks??? Lol sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, another day of doing the same thing at work. So bored here. Been doing the same thing for almost 15 years, working on the same project 99.9% of the time. It used to be okay because I could surf the web and even watch Netflix while I work, but they cracked down on that. Even though if you're a supervisor you can work at home, which one of ours seems to do half the time, and do the exact same type of work, and that's okay. I mean, what if they have the TV on while they are at home supposedly working? The horror! Such a double standard here with the support staff. Tired of being treated like a kid, and now expected to "grow and develop " to get any type of raise. It's like just doing the job and doing it right isn't enough. I have been doing the same thing 15 years. How am I supposed to grow and develop if there is nothing new to do? Sometimes the job is what it is.

Well, another day of doing the same thing at work. So bored here. Been doing the same thing for almost 15 years, working on the same project 99.9% of the time. It used to be okay because I could surf the web and even watch Netflix while I work, but they cracked down on that. Even though if you're a supervisor you can work at home, which one of ours seems to do half the time, and do the exact same type of work, and that's okay. I mean, what if they have the TV on while they are at home supposedly working? The horror! Such a double standard here with the support staff. Tired of being treated like a kid, and now expected to "grow and develop " to get any type of raise. It's like just doing the job and doing it right isn't enough. I have been doing the same thing 15 years. How am I supposed to grow and develop if there is nothing new to do? Sometimes the job is what it is.
Mid life crisis??? Just find a new job! Sounds like a career change might be in order!

2 weeks worth of preparation, stress, files, organization, high profile court case and a team of auditors set up shop at the office..... oh not to mention moving the college kid back home for the summer, ahhh about to enjoy a much anticipated afternoon off to watch my daughter play some softball!! Hope I can get back on here more over the coming days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 weeks worth of preparation, stress, files, organization, high profile court case and a team of auditors set up shop at the office..... oh not to mention moving the college kid back home for the summer, ahhh about to enjoy a much anticipated afternoon off to watch my daughter play some softball!! Hope I can get back on here more over the coming days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

b3962e8fc5bb94d34d05288255897205.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or not letting you stay on the computer all day! Oh the humanity!
I'm on the computer all day anyway. As long as you get the work done and do it right, then who cares? That's what you're getting paid to do. And there's a double standard when people are policed all day at the office while some are allowed to work at home doing the exact same work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back