• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caps-Penguins in the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs, what an epic matchup this is liable to be (yet again). Arguably the two best teams in the league right now, the winner of this series will probably have a good shot of making it at least all the way to the finals. The first round of the playoffs this year has been epic and set a new record for most overtimes (18) in a playoff round in NHL history, which is remarkable given the amount of teams that were eliminated in 4-5 games, and the lack of a single 7 game series.
Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 10.10.11 PM.png

Caps-Penguins in the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs, what an epic matchup this is liable to be (yet again). Arguably the two best teams in the league right now, the winner of this series will probably have a good shot of making it at least all the way to the finals. The first round of the playoffs this year has been epic and set a new record for most overtimes (18) in a playoff round in NHL history, which is remarkable given the amount of teams that were eliminated in 4-5 games, and the lack of a single 7 game series.
View attachment 530

Yep a great first round. One of the best in recent years no doubt .

I'm pulling for the caps because I HATE Crosby . What a little b****. Hell he misses what seems like half the season every year with " injuries "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Caps fan from the very beginning; lived in the DC area when they became a team. Hoping this Toronto series has finally given them the push to do it; this is the best team they've assembled to date. Would love for Ovechkin to finally get his Cup; he's worked even harder over the last couple of years and it would be a fitting trophy for a deserving player. Backstrom is probably one of the most underrated players ever and to see him holding the Cup would be awesome.

And I really, really dislike Pittsburgh teams....

Glad we all hate Pitt!! Yeah I didn't like Alex at first but he grew on me over the last few years

The redneck in north Alabama that called out Michael V for posting " junk " when referring to the upcoming severe weather threat is straight Facebook gold

So, my wife and I have been trying to eat better. Started last week just eating a normal breakfast at home...things like cereal, oatmeal, English muffin, turkey sausage. Then having three meals the rest of the day with just lean meats like chicken, turkey, and fish, green vegetables, and jasmine rice or red potatoes.

Well, I had a hankering for a Bojangles chicken filet biscuit this morning. Now I feel sick.

So, my wife and I have been trying to eat better. Started last week just eating a normal breakfast at home...things like cereal, oatmeal, English muffin, turkey sausage. Then having three meals the rest of the day with just lean meats like chicken, turkey, and fish, green vegetables, and jasmine rice or red potatoes.

Well, I had a hankering for a Bojangles chicken filet biscuit this morning. Now I feel sick.
It's difficult to pass up Bo time but I've noticed before too that when I really change my diet and then eat something like that it's a shock to the system. Prime example last year I wanted to lose weight before I ran my marathon, went lean, high protein for about 3 months then 3 days before the race hit the carbs....huge mistake! My body didn't handle it well at all

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's difficult to pass up Bo time but I've noticed before too that when I really change my diet and then eat something like that it's a shock to the system. Prime example last year I wanted to lose weight before I ran my marathon, went lean, high protein for about 3 months then 3 days before the race hit the carbs....huge mistake! My body didn't handle it well at all

Yeah, we are doing it 5 days a week and then eating normal Saturday and Sunday, but trying not to overdo it. I don't mind the diet at all, and if it is going to make me feel bad eating stuff like this morning then I am not going to miss that, either.

Well, Dale Jr is retiring after this season. I haven't been watching hardly since he was out last season, and doubt I will anymore after this season. Not surprising considering his concussions and struggles, and now he's married and probably thinking about his family.

Well, Dale Jr is retiring after this season. I haven't been watching hardly since he was out last season, and doubt I will anymore after this season. Not surprising considering his concussions and struggles, and now he's married and probably thinking about his family.

He was a bust IMO . I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but he underperformed

He was a bust IMO . I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but he underperformed

I don't think his heart was ever fully into it, especially after his dad died. I think he got into racing just because his dad did it and it was the easy route. I also think he did it to please his dad.

Some of the discussion is starting to get into May. Will someone with good karma start the May-hem thread and get it pinned?

Then FS or I will get it linked into Wiki ...

Who?

Dale Earnhardt Jr. of for fans JR. He is retiring at the end of this NASCAR season he announced today. I will never criticize his effort or results as a driver. It is difficult at best to follow a legend, impossible when that legend is your father. He has had a better than average career for sure. Multiple wins in some of the biggest races. He has also had some disappointments and wreck related injuries. Multiple severe concussions have caught up with him and now he wants to enjoy life. Money will never be an issue. You may not be a NASCAR or Junior fan, but the fans have voted him most popular driver 14 years in a row. That says something. Hope #88 finishes his final year strong and safe.

Picture my niece took this morning...... spectacular!
2434ad6e5b2fafc63b136c6103e7ae21.jpg

Erin Moran, who played Richie Cunningham's younger sister, Joanie, on the TV comedy "Happy Days", has passed at only 56. :(
She was later on "Joanie Loves Chachi" in the 1980's for a couple of years.
I think she's the 2nd major star from Happy Days to pass as Tom Bosley, who played Joanie's dad, passed in 2010.
May she RIP.

The coroner said Erin Moran died from complications of stage 4 cancer:

http://www.wave3.com/story/35242577...had-planned-to-attend-thunder-over-louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back