• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that's in the state park that my dad was interested in near Gainesville. Payne's Prairie? (I just looked and yes it is :eek:)

(in case you're wondering, it's not likely we take a trip to Florida this year, I'm going to be busy in the summer and if we do go somewhere my dad has already settled on giving the Smoky Mountains a second shot)

I wonder if that's in the state park that my dad was interested in near Gainesville. Payne's Prairie? (I just looked and yes it is :eek:)

(in case you're wondering, it's not likely we take a trip to Florida this year, I'm going to be busy in the summer and if we do go somewhere my dad has already settled on giving the Smoky Mountains a second shot)
I definitely would not go there until after the 1st freeze and would get back out by about May 1st - unless you want to be eaten by skeeters bigger than that gator ... LOL

eh, I know I haven't been there much and was on/near the water both times but for me, the Florida heat/humidity is just typical Southern heat/humidity. That I got to experience at its worst until my dad got his A/C fixed as his A/C would fail to keep it even at the high temp he sets it at (76-77) when it was at the brute of summer.

It's fixed but there have been times in which it'd get as high as 83-84 when it was 95-100 in the summer.

eh, I know I haven't been there much and was on/near the water both times but for me, the Florida heat/humidity is just typical Southern heat/humidity. That I got to experience at its worst until my dad got his A/C fixed as his A/C would fail to keep it even at the high temp he sets it at (76-77) when it was at the brute of summer.

It's fixed but there have been times in which it'd get as high as 83-84 when it was 95-100 in the summer.
Payne's Prairie - slap dab in the middle of the north part of the state - a water recharge area - a lake that went away with a sinkhole - used to have steam ships on it - a beautiful place (about 5 miles south of UF) - a beautiful place from a car with A/C until the 1st freeze and until early May - after that - you're on your own -- zika anyone ???

Payne's Prairie - slap dab in the middle of the north part of the state - a water recharge area - a lake that went away with a sinkhole - used to have steam ships on it - a beautiful place (about 5 miles south of UF) - a beautiful place from a car with A/C until the 1st freeze and until early May - after that - you're on your own -- zika anyone ???

He did say that he might think about going in the fall since it wasn't near the water but it then just fell off the list of ideas we had of where to travel to. It might come back next year when there's a possibility we do our second two stop trip due to length of the drive, or we might take a stop at something interesting I accidentally stumbled onto on the Gulf Coast part of Florida, which is slipping my mind at the moment.

He did say that he might think about going in the fall since it wasn't near the water but it then just fell off the list of ideas we had of where to travel to. It might come back next year when there's a possibility we do our second two stop trip due to length of the drive, or we might take a stop at something interesting I accidentally stumbled onto on the Gulf Coast part of Florida, which is slipping my mind at the moment.
If you do the Gulf - add Cedar Key and spend 2 days:
http://cedarkeyharbourmaster.com/

If you do the Gulf - add Cedar Key and spend 2 days:
http://cedarkeyharbourmaster.com/

That actually happens to be what I was looking at some time ago haha now that I see it. I looked at a website for a few minutes, not sure if it was this one and I said "If we go see our folks in their new home down in Florida, we gotta check this place out on the way, man, this place looks cool!"

We weren't going to even if I wasn't doing anything this summer.

Explains all the chatter today ... LOL :p

curtmp.png

currad2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back