• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the fact that all of the rain with the upcoming storms seems to want to magically disappear before it makes it to my area. We're really starting to get pretty dry in South Georgia.

This incredible. Dan has been gone for years yet still feels like people in the Huntsville area still give a rats ass about his opinion , Pathetic
191d32473d9d47b2da237cd9a28bb247.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We didn't give a rat's ass about his opinion when he was here. Satterfield had to leave town after Gary Dobbs got up close and personal with the Hackleburg-Phil Campbell EF-5 - Gary lost his entire home while reporting from his front porch. Which was kind of odd in itself considering he had an underground storm shelter in his back yard. Got to love the dedication of some!

Last edited:
So I've not mentioned this but I dealt with kidney stones twice about 15-17 years ago.... first bout I thought I was dying, literally never felt anything like it. I feel for you and I'm with you would never wish this on anyone (maybe ISIS or someone like that lol). I actually passed and captured mine..... it seriously looked like a sand spur, I cringed just looking at it and w/o all the details when it got on the move I felt it, all.... the.....way.....out. Nuff said! I had a second bout not too long after that and ever since I drink at a minimum a gallon of water a day and fortunately I've not had a serious issue since. Crazy thing is I've had some type of kidney issues since I was a teenager and long story short (too late for that I know haha) after numerous invasive lights (ouch) and several different Drs over the years it was eventually determined that I had.....ready for this, a kidney that literally produce "sand" and every once in a while instead of passing the small "sand" one would remain and eventually "grow" to be a stone..... hence why I indulge in aqua every single day. Hope this works for you and you never have another one. By the way my mom has had them too, she's also had 3 kids and swears that kidney stones are 10X worse then child birth!

Having gallstones can be just as much fun. They too will bring you to your knees. Had my Gallbladder removed this past January.

How about them Tarheels!!!! :)
Go Cocks , also!!!!
2 of the elite 8 , are from the Carolinas!!!! How awesome is that!

On this date in 1971, ATL had its latest major winter storm on record, a ZR for all but south metro/airport. This storm produced major SN in NE GA/NW SC/much of NC.
On this day in history, Gainesville was (and is) warm ... LOL :D

^But even so and I know you realize this, this is way better than summer and is what we look forward to just after summer. 81 with a 55 dew point and 10 mph winds may not seem comfy but compared to 91 with a 70 dew point and 5 mph winds it is fantastic! Today in G'ville I wouldn't sweat nearly as badly as a typical summer day. My evening walk wouldn't be bad at all with the nice drop near sunset to near 70 pretty quickly.

^But even so and I know you realize this, this is way better than summer and is what we look forward to just after summer. 81 with a 55 dew point and 10 mph winds may not seem comfy but compared to 91 with a 70 dew point and 5 mph winds it is fantastic! Today in G'ville I wouldn't sweat nearly as badly as a typical summer day. My evening walk wouldn't be bad at all with the nice drop near sunset to near 70 pretty quickly.
Summer ... :oops:

This incredible. Dan has been gone for years yet still feels like people in the Huntsville area still give a rats ass about his opinion , Pathetic
191d32473d9d47b2da237cd9a28bb247.jpg

Literally sitting here watching the wife shop, reading this as I see this shirt...Lol

801cf0c53d4163814b845e1110bb4d90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Some interesting SE wx history reading: nonwinter of 1827-8:

http://www.uark.edu/misc/dendro/PUBS/2007_Mock_etal.pdf

That winter was likely even warmer than this winter in the SE with its warmth, quite possibly the warmest of the last 200 years+. Then came killing frosts and the coldest temps of the entire winter for some on Apr 5-7!! Chs and St. Aug. (probably Jax too) had their coldest then with near 32 inland! Neither had had a freeze in winter. At Chs, the highs and lows were the coldest except for Nov 20-21 of all dates! And we thought getting the coldest or near coldest on 3/16 this winter was special.

This was a Tony type of winter, when you never count it out til after the Masters.

Some interesting SE wx history reading: nonwinter of 1827-8:

http://www.uark.edu/misc/dendro/PUBS/2007_Mock_etal.pdf

That winter was likely even warmer than this winter in the SE with its warmth, quite possibly the warmest of the last 200 years+. Then came killing frosts and the coldest temps of the entire winter for some on Apr 5-7!! Chs and St. Aug. (probably Jax too) had their coldest then with near 32 inland! Neither had had a freeze in winter. At Chs, the highs and lows were the coldest except for Nov 20-21 of all dates! And we thought getting the coldest or near coldest on 3/16 this winter was special.

This was a Tony type of winter, when you never count it out til after the Masters.
Cycles - and we're in one ... :(

Cycles - and we're in one ... :(

That winter had a -PNA & +NAO per the source. The good news is that the following winter, which was El Niño, had after a mild Dec a normal Jan followed by MB Feb/Mar.

Edit; Feb 1829 was 15 colder than Feb of 1828 at CHS!!

Last edited:
That winter had a -PNA & +NAO per the source. The good news is that the following winter, which was El Niño, had after a mild Dec a normal Jan followed by MB Feb/Mar.
Not too different from '16 - '17 - let's hope Larry! Can only spin around this sun so many times ... :(

Just found out yesterday that I'm going on a trip to Charleston next month, ironically I'll be going the weekend after spring break :p

The Carolina Hurricanes are really starting to close in on the Boston Bruins and New York Islanders for the final wild card spot in the NHL playoffs, they are 5 back of the Bruins with two games at hand. Man, it would be insane to see them make the post season again, they haven't made the playoffs since 2009...

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.47.35 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back