• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

the big heat's been west all Summer.. stay there, buckaroo:
gfs_T2m_us_51.png

Just remember in one month, the 10 day will be gold if it shows Normal or Cool. Summer's creeping by.. hasn't been too hot, but pretty humid and wettish in my Backyard. Surely we're due for a cool October.. Shirley.

Guess the front is going to make it further south than forecasted for this weekend! :mad:
#DROUGHT

So, We have moved 9 1/2 miles Southwest of our home of 28 years in Hoover AL to McCalla AL. We must live near Parker now. I will move my Pin soon. We now have a one-level farm house on 4 acres behind Bent Brook Golf Course. Love it!

The storms yesterday evening got out of hand in a hurry. Torrential rain, strong winds and power out all in about ten minutes. Our area made the local news with a few instances of trees on cars, homes, etc. It had to be a wet microburst because the storms were not Severe in the classic sense. Neighbors have told me we are in the "Zone" for storms now. If there are scattered storms, they will come through this area. Maybe Parker can confirm or refute that for me. A higher change of storms today here.

E8C89EFA-061F-492C-BE3C-5A2561C2AFF5.png Looking promising... for now!

Best storm of the year coming down 291 towards Red Lobster! Was ripping, street flooding, crazy lightning! Most likely, dry as the Sahara at my house!

Think it’s sliding SE and going to miss me to the East!

Nasty nasty storm rolling through right now. Booming thunder. Hunker down, Mack!

Had to have been close to 2” of rain here in less than an hour. Golf course near my house was flooded. Several greens completely submerged. One entire hole on a flood plain was completely washed out. Several trees down as well

Back