• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

Pretty anemic radar out this way, back in the sauna 87 , feels like 75 with awesome 70+ dp's
I love it 76 dewpoint cant generate a single storm.

Nice line of storms kicking off to my east yay

e897c634b8e6407073943919571dbd53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I sure hope accuweather is right because they are forecasting highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the low to mid 60s for the week of the 21st !

What in the wide world of sports is that mess on radar around me!?

DFW on track for one of the wettest summers on record... another 2 inches last night (some places just north and northeast had over 5 inches)

And fall is just a few weeks away :D

80% chance of storms today, 90% tonight = dry hot day! :)

Nice little heatwave coming mid/late week! Great news

It's unbearable out there right now. So much humidity. Hoping for a good long soaking rain to cool it down followed by clouds for the remainder of the day.
I think we are going in the wrong direction. We've lost an hour of sunlight and the sun is lower in the sky and we're only 17 days away from September yet it seems like the days are getting hotter. We should already be past the hottest time of year by now.

I think this is the week that SD was talking about (I think it was him) with it looking much hotter than it had been of late. I would say that the temperature text looks okay but it's not for this week. :\ If it weren't for the fact it's been cloudy, humid, and stormy, this week would have a chance at 100 (and probably the last chance).

Oh and of course, on my ride home from visiting in Northwest Georgia, when we got close to our general area it started pouring like no mercy. That may be able to swing over my house...where it's already also rained.

I think we are going in the wrong direction. We've lost an hour of sunlight and the sun is lower in the sky and we're only 17 days away from September yet it seems like the days are getting hotter. We should already be past the hottest time of year by now.
Nothing seems really out of the ordinary to me? I've seen 90 in September before. Just how it goes sometimes being in the South! It still isn't all that hot out...just the humidity is high. I'm only at 90 so far today. About +4 above normal.

Maybe it was because you moved from Dahlonega to Carrolton area. It is this ridiculous humidity recently that was a transition from the cooler and drier times for a few days.

Yeah its the humidity that i really am sick of and its discouraging seeing a chance of rain literally every day for the next 2 weeks. Its like its impossible to have just one day with a 0% chance of rain.

So as not to cause mass agitation or hysteria, no maps accompany this ... but after a cooler than expected June and July, batten down for some honest to goodness summer weather the next 10 - 14 days ... :(:eek::oops:o_O

Back