• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

Give it a day or two.. Too much model inconsistencies but trending towards a board wide event the 16th-18th period

I was being a tad bit sarcastic lol. It seems like at the possibility of a crack of thunder. Can’t hardly get a winter weather thread unless flakes are falling. I know severe weather is like winter weather for those that don’t get much or any snow but I feel like we should be consistent on when a thread should be created across all seasons.

Some folks may still have a bit of cool along with some wet getting later into the month ...

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif sfc_count_sup814_prec.gif
:eek:

^ If the recent GFS suites happen to be onto something, much of the E & C US (POSSIBLY including much of the SE US although GEFS cold bias needs to also be considered) will remain cool dominated for much of the next two weeks!

Please understand, this is not an endorsement.
Rather, this is a humble sharing of some information which may or may not be of interest; but, if you're into weather, perhaps this is worth a minute ...

... and, this is a bit interesting ... PHs 1, 2 and 3 ...

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 2.29.13 PM.png

combined_image.png

as are these ...

ao.sprd2.gif nao.sprd2.gif

Last edited:
If this verified, the NAO would go stupid negative several days later. Huge cyclonic wave breaks north of the North Atlantic storm track south of Greenland w/ a ridge already in place over Scandinavia is the classic -NAO precursor.
ecmwf_z500a_nhem_9.png

If this verified, the NAO would go stupid negative several days later. Huge cyclonic wave breaks north of the North Atlantic storm track south of Greenland w/ a ridge already in place over Scandinavia is the classic -NAO precursor.
View attachment 5018

This is also supported by the low frequency background state and persistent -AAM in the subtropics.
Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 2.58.32 PM.png
prev60.png

GFS almost has a freeze here next weekend what is going on??? This weekend was close to unprecedented and it feels like dejavu lol latest freeze in Dallas history is Friday

Record lows could be challenged verbatim this run. o_O

Last edited:
Token flakes here this am. Probably more than the Saturday drizzle/flizzard...but doubtful there will be any accumulation south of town where I am.

On the saving energy, I am still killing my wood pile keeping warm. I am going to have to scrounge a lot more wood this spring for 2019-2020 heating...

On the saving energy, I am still killing my wood pile keeping warm. I am going to have to scrounge a lot more wood this spring for 2019-2020 heating...
Yep, my woodstove was rocking all weekend. It wasn't a shoulder season type burn either. I was running some oak, hickory, bois d'arc, and locust. Bring on sunny and 80!

JB touting April 2007 for next week! :mad::weenie:

Back