• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

A secondary wave develops on the front and slings moisture back across the cold front in NC leading to snow on the backend for the same areas that were in the 60s/70s just several hours prior.
View attachment 4946
That would be crazy. Not sure what will happen with such temp extremes. Really depends on the timing.

I've seen enough to give up on the 100+ year SE US cold rain/wintry event possibility on 4/7. Yesterday, both the 0Z & 6Z GFS runs had a very weak low cross N FL underneath an Arctic high, highly unusual for this late in the season and thus producing the 100+ year April inland SE wintry/coastal SE cold rain. Also, the 12Z Euro had a very weak low cross S GA. However, today's 0Z/6Z runs pretty much all have any low crossing C or N GA. There have now been 4 GFS runs in a row without anything even close to the 0Z/6Z GFS runs of yesterday.
Yeah, but now we have a crazy cut off upper low wandering drunkenly about in the far out range...it's a veritable plethora of possible pleasures ahead, lol.

Thinking about chasing this weekend, probably going to kentucky. Seems the best spot.

If the Euro is correct for Saturday there could be a legitimate tornado threat in the Carolinas. There’s already going to be a large amount of storm relative helicity across the frontal boundary that will be draped over central NC, the surface low will add even more SRH and if we have some CAPE, I can imagine we’ll recieve a severe risk for it on Saturday.
1987D3BE-1B72-4671-9BE3-E47A0DC5AFA4.jpeg
395BADD1-A3B5-45E8-8E8E-55F8DBA9D015.jpeg

The line of storms really disappeared as it made it to the W Carolinas! I didn’t even get a sprinkle! :(

Wow, that's quite a swing from a snow threat to a severe threat with temps in the 70s.

Well, if there is a severe threat, hope we get some rain early enough to cancel my son's flag football game.

In just over 24 hours of elapsed time, the op GFS went from the threat of historic April winter storm/cold rain Columbia/SE coast 2 days ago to the threat of DC area April historic snowstorm in yesterday's runs. Today's 6Z GFS hints at the north trend resuming. Will the prior north trend resume in earnest or not? If I were a betting man, I'd bet on enough further north trend over next 3 days to take DC outside of the historic April snow threat. But if it doesn't resume, April snow history may be made at DC this weekend. They have received no more than 0.6" of snow in an entire April in over 90 years! Marietta, GA, got way more than that in April of 1987! But again, I'm predicting no historic DC snow due to north trend resumption.

I know it's the 84 hour NAM but this would be a wild and crazy weather day to say the least..... Saturday could be fun

namconus_ref_frzn_seus_52.png

Saturday looks wild. Could have severe storms here with snow just to the north.

Nice thundershower just formed ahead of the cold front draped near the I 85 corridor in northern Halifax county and appears to be headed towards metwannabe. It honestly looks like it wants to pour out here in Raleigh right now but nothing substantial is on radar quite yet. That may change in the next hour or two

Nice thundershower just formed ahead of the cold front draped near the I 85 corridor in northern Halifax county and appears to be headed towards metwannabe. It honestly looks like it wants to pour out here in Raleigh right now but nothing substantial is on radar quite yet. That may change in the next hour or two
Missed me this much...
302e914720eb0f44de63862601fc5336.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

But wait I got new development
8412bdd77988fd931b9d36368db9ef58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back