• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season & Model Discussion

That H5 if it were the projected H5 in like 10 days would at the very least support more licks on Bahamas so ummm, no thank you.

1567551158355.png

Only 1 place to go here, luckily its about 1 of 1000000 solutions that we're about to see and right now this is still model cartoons as the wave isn't even off Africa yet, but I am getting strong, very strong vibes that this wave is going to be the next hyped storm in a little over a week, although it's honestly partially off intuition on how the wave already looks. Beware the "I" storm again if the other invests develop...

I think this is the pattern that people were worried about that would lead to a US landfall as well.

Edit: The ridging actually starts letting up but bleh, it's far out and the GFS is prone to recurves.

Yeah I'll pass on this the good news is its 300 hours out but definitely something to watch

View attachment 23043
Agree. But I hope folks don't forget that about 8 - 9 - 10 days ago and moving forward, Dorian was Texas, NO, Miss, FL, and now OBX ... could be Greenland tomorrow ... fun to watch, but hard to deal with the uncertainty sometimes ... hope we can all take a well deserved break ...

wouldn't this be something, especially if dorian ends up hitting this area
gfs_mslp_wind_seus_61.png

Well Frances and Jeanne hit the same spot in Florida 3 weeks apart in 2004

Same year Florida had 4 hurricanes

NC has taken two hits in a year numerous times the most recent though are Bertha and Fran in 1996....Dennis and Floyd in 99 and Irene missed by a hair in 99.......

NC has taken two hits in a year numerous times the most recent though are Bertha and Fran in 1996....Dennis and Floyd in 99 and Irene missed by a hair in 99.......
Bertha ,Bonnie, Fran, right? Hat trick
Also in 1950s i beleive we had a 3 hit year. Connie,Hazel??? Mind may be playing tricks on me, been a while since i thumbed through NC cane history.

Bertha ,Bonnie, Fran, right? Hat trick
Also in 1950s i beleive we had a 3 hit year. Connie,Hazel??? Mind may be playing tricks on me, been a while since i thumbed through NC cane history.
I think it was connie, debbie, ione in 55

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back