• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched James Spann's you tube clips from that storm over and over. Still my benchmark snowstorm to compare them all by... 5 foot drifts in my yard and watching my 80 pound Golden Retriever disappearing into them and reemerging seconds later.. Walking 2 miles to my mother's house in the snow and drifts because she had power and mine was out... I'll probably die not seeing anything close to that. Jan 2011 was the closest thing really. But that storm had zero wind and was only 8 inches of snow with temps in the mid and low 20s.

The weird thing about that storm is I went to sleep around midnight, thinking it was not going to happen, I was only 23. And waking up at 6 am and seeing a monster blizzard with 20 inches of snow on the ground. I caught the tail end of it at least.

Yeah i have the same vague memory of walking to a friends house in the snow presumably for the same reason but i was 4 years old then(such a long time ago sigh). I dont remember the leadup at all but i do believe my weather obsession was born that night

Ive talked to the guy who did radio in the small town in Alabama then and he didnt go home for 5 days crazy

I'm sure the only way i will ever see snow like that again is if i happen to hit the jackpot on one of these trips up north far far from Dallas lol

Damn, I hate that winter is over for us... another year of false hope and daily model watching. I love it but it can be draining when you miss so much. Okay, the kid in me who once believed in Santa still holds out for another April 1987, only with Chattanooga being the bulls eye. I had to cancel my Smokies trip because of car issues. Oh well.

Yeah i have the same vague memory of walking to a friends house in the snow presumably for the same reason but i was 4 years old then(such a long time ago sigh). I dont remember the leadup at all but i do believe my weather obsession was born that night

Ive talked to the guy who did radio in the small town in Alabama then and he didnt go home for 5 days crazy

I'm sure the only way i will ever see snow like that again is if i happen to hit the jackpot on one of these trips up north far far from Dallas lol
a part of the thrill is having that ---- happen down here in the South where we live... I think. If I lived a few years in bo-dunk Indiana, I think I'd become immune.. :)

I completely forgot this week was also the 10th anniversary of the EF2 tornado that ripped right through Downtown Atlanta. My first and only experience going through a tornado. Quite an exciting and scary night I will never forget.

a part of the thrill is having that ---- happen down here in the South where we live... I think. If I lived a few years in bo-dunk Indiana, I think I'd become immune.. :)
Yeah because Indiana gets SO much snow. You do realize parts of GA got more snow than this part of Indiana this winter ? The big story here is usually the cold. This area gets very little snow. If youre not near the lakes youre screwed.

Yeah because Indiana gets SO much snow. You do realize parts of GA got more snow than this part of Indiana this winter ? The big story here is usually the cold. This area gets very little snow. If youre not near the lakes youre screwed.

Uh yeah... Atlanta averages 2 inches a year and Indianapolis 26 inches...you can't even compare the two normally

this winter was just strange in general as I've mentioned many times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back