• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking to see if there's a chance at any winter storms again.

Nope.

giphy.gif
I'd just settle in for a long summers sleep if I were you. I think there is a 5% chance of another storm for the SE at this point.

After last year I wouldn't count out winter, it got to 80 degrees around this time last year and the next month it snowed.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Honestly I can't lie and not say that 1/16-1/18 wasn't at least a little frustrating, it was, and I luckily stayed wintry after the cold front. It was either snowing or very fine sleet (and I can confirm this, my eyes and ears didn't deceive me), and eventually, I had at least an hour, maybe two hours of all moderate snow nonstop with big flakes before it wrapped up.

Based on what I've seen before, there was enough precip in that stretch to accumulate to at least a half inch of snow but I was at 35/36 the entire way. The other "snow TV" events I've seen before, it was just light snow. This time had higher rates but even at the highest rates I saw, while it tried it was no dice.

Early January was kind of funny more than frustrating. There was legit radar returns on radars I trust (NWS, wunderground) but I didn't see anything. May have been a flurry while I was gone and then if I traveled a mere 10-15 miles to my south there was a dusting of snow.

All in all, if there is a Magical Mystery Tour coming, there isn't a model out there seeing it ...
Except maybe the CFSv2 which isn't worth bothering anyone with ...
I am the Walrus ...

:confused:

Goo coo ca chewb

Last edited:
It does not look like much on the radar but it is pouring rain here. Probably approaching a half inch of it since 6:30 More rain today than we got on Sat and Sun combined.

After last year I wouldn't count out winter, it got to 80 degrees around this time last year and the next month it snowed.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
That's the thing. Even though everything looks almost completely hopeless, I just have a funny feeling there's going to be one last gasp, and that many of us in the upper southeast will see one more snow. It may be only a coating that melts in 15 minutes, but there will be one more.

It does not look like much on the radar but it is pouring rain here. Probably approaching a half inch of it since 6:30 More rain today than we got on Sat and Sun combined.
But the big models are coming in much dryer every run!? Can’t be raining

1A6895FC-D10B-4810-866B-B6F740B0D28D.png
Yeah, looks like drizzle on radar! SMH!

Looks like no end to the rain per the GFS over the next week or two. I'll take a little bit more and say that's enough. Lake's up 3 feet and it may end up going way over full pool at the rate it's filling and have to have more releases than normal.

So we start a march thread... way early in February when the GAS barely touches it. I swear it's cursed to be a torch. I sure hope everyone is ready to punt March because I'm doubting it will deliver for those deparate.

So we start a march thread... way early in February when the GAS barely touches it. I swear it's cursed to be a torch. I sure hope everyone is ready to punt March because I'm doubting it will deliver for those deparate.
When was the last time it actually snowed in March? I wouldn't mind one more storm before we switch to spring weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back