• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia is going to suffer their first ACC loss of the season today, at the hands of VA Tech. Of course, my picks are about as accurate as JB"s bathtub slosh theory, but....

E152EAC8-33D6-4874-9715-43A486F4330F.jpeg According to the us climate data site my January avg temp was 6 degrees below normal. The average temp was 29.75 and normal is 36 degrees. I’m not sure how accurate this is though because the snowfall totals they have for me are way off. They show I received 4.33 inches of snow for the month of January but I got near that from the first storm alone. The next snow was around 3 inches so at a minimum I should be at 7 for January. I’d maybe believe it if it showed 5 or 6 inches but not 4.33.

6C9FA8DA-842D-4422-BFB9-A16E2974F0D8.jpeg 1415E021-E34A-4007-A027-D5E8BE4F5820.jpeg 75CC83E7-B4F4-48B6-8AD1-6DFD8712FA1A.jpeg 20DDD5E8-A3D0-486E-B689-3213C85522EF.jpeg B1A03B5A-5E92-452A-928A-78DA7B96C4EB.jpeg AB3AEC32-5FDA-4306-A438-F487E80CBB7F.jpeg I was looking at the us climate data site and I saw that it goes back to 2008 for White House Tennessee so I decide to do some March snowfall research. Coincidentally 2008 is the first year I lived in White House after moving from Hendersonville Tennessee. Anyone who lives in northern middle Tennessee that likes snow well be giddy after seeing this. So in the last 10 years White House has had a half an inch or more of snowfall 6 times in March. 4 out of the last 10 years White House received 2 or more inches of snowfall in March. And 2 out of the last 10 years White House received 3 or more inches of snowfall in March. Now obviously 10 years is a small sample size but it’s still encouraging to see so many March snows if you live up this way. It’s also a good reminder to not give up on this winter until mid March.

Edit: I’m not sure why the text showed up at the bottom since I posted the images afterwards. Guess I need to post from Tapatalk when posting multiple images.

^ I'd say you have a better than decent chance up to about March 15th in most winters, better than most on here (barring crazy circumstances like 1993).

That's not my favorite site to play on with weather history though. Wunderground is but it's sadly going downhill since...weather.com bought it and it's a little tougher with non major towns there as its NWS data. With major towns it can go back quite a while.

I'm also not sure about the climate information...it might be off some.

^ I'd say you have a better than decent chance up to about March 15th in most winters, better than most on here (barring crazy circumstances like 1993).

That's not my favorite site to play on with weather history though. Wunderground is but it's sadly going downhill since...weather.com bought it and it's a little tougher with non major towns there as its NWS data. With major towns it can go back quite a while.

I'm also not sure about the climate information...it might be off some.
Yes some of it’s off but from what I’ve seen it’s on the low end as far as snow and the high end as far as temps. It could also be that they are recording everything in the actual city of White House which is 3 miles away from me. I’ve noticed my temp drops 2 and sometimes 3 degrees when I come home from the city. It’s gotten more noticeable lately as they’ve been building like crazy over the 10 years I’ve lived here. As far as the yearly, monthly and daily average temps those are correct at least for my city.

I want to thank everyone for not getting to snippy in the main thread with each other. I know this can be a frustrating time, and I am glad I bowed out on the Winter a few weeks ago. I even posted it on my profile to remember the date.

hi.PNG

I want to thank everyone for not getting to snippy in the main thread with each other. I know this can be a frustrating time, and I am glad I bowed out on the Winter a few weeks ago. I even posted it on my profile to remember the date.

View attachment 3960

My location allows me to hold out hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, if it's just going to rain constantly I seriously would rather a legit torch right here and right now. Let's get warmer than November was. At least rain during the mornings only or on weekdays instead of weekends.

That light ice event is going to be the swan song outside parts of NC and North TN.

Last edited:
DAMN< the effing SER means business....I actually have the freaking air condition on to get rid of the humidity, happy Feb 11th 2018...SMFH...Thank God ATL had Dec and January. I think the "fat lady" has sung....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back